We'd like to make sure your experience in the DIRECTV® Help Forums is a positive one. Please take a moment to read through these guidelines for participating in our community.
· What should be discussed here. These forums are designed to assist you with technical issues related to setting up and using your DIRECTV® System receiver, DIRECTV DVR® and the DIRECTV HDTV receiver and service. We encourage you to ask questions and offer assistance to others. DIRECTV regularly monitors the forums to enhance our knowledge base. DIRECTV reserves the right to post on these forums, but postings in the general forums will come from fellow community members who have a wealth of information to share from personal experience.
· Stay on-topic. The support nature of these forums makes them inappropriate for discussing DIRECTV's policies or procedures (such as billing or Product Exchange procedures), for discussing future products, or for filing complaints. The moderators may remove any comments that stray from the subject at hand, including ads and promotions. If you have questions related to your DIRECTV account, please sign in to DIRECTV.com and review your account there.
· Respect the views of others. Information, data, text, files, links, software, communication or other materials posted by you and other users (“User Content”) that DIRECTV in its sole discretion believes could be, or could encourage conduct that is, unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory pornographic or profane or User Content that criticizes identified persons or entities may be removed.
· Take responsibility for what you say. You are responsible for the content of any messages you post in our community. If you are a DIRECTV installer or CSR, do not disclose any proprietary or confidential information, or provide information not within the guidelines of company policy., or that you work for DIRECTV. Any content posted by DIRECTV employees should not be considered an official response from DIRECTV. We encourage customers to post on the forums created for customers and installers to post on forums created for installers. Installer forums will be labeled as "For Installers".
· Use your head. We hope our site provides you with a wealth of information from fellow community members. However, don't take everything we say, or everything other community members say, as the final word since each customer's receiver and system configuration is often unique to their home, geographic area and combination of additional home entertainment components. Be careful not to post confidential business or personal information. Our community is a public place, so don't say anything here that you wouldn't say in an elevator. Help Forum postings do not necessarily represent the professional advice or opinions of DIRECTV or our staff. The results of any actions you take based on the advice you find in our community are your responsibility alone.
· Be honest. When talking online with other community members, please refrain from random bashing or unfair comments or statements that you don't believe are true. Your opinions are respected by your peers and can impact their thoughts and actions. Please don't post about "hacked" DIRECTV System cards, receivers or DIRECTV DVRs. DIRECTV does not support modifying the hardware or software of your DIRECTV System, so no discussions of opening the receiver or other types of modifications should be discussed in our forums. Posts of this nature may be removed.
We hope it's never necessary, but we reserve the right to remove any posting or anyone who violates the Guidelines or the Terms and Conditions (listed below) from our online community.
For the complete terms and conditions that are applicable to your access to and use of the DIRECTV Help Forums go to Terms and Conditions listed below
ENTERING THE DIRECTV HELP FORUMS WILL CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE OF THESE GUIDELINES, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (LISTED BELOW) AND ALL OTHER APPLICABLE RULES POSTED BY DIRECTV FROM TIME TO TIME.
DIRECTV Help Forums
Terms and Conditions
ENTERING THE DIRECTV® HELP FORUMS WILL CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE GUIDELINES (LISTED ABOVE) AND ALL OTHER APPLICABLE RULES POSTED BY DIRECTV FROM TIME TO TIME.
You are entirely responsible and liable for all activities conducted by you. Listed below are some, though not all, violations that may result in DIRECTV terminating your access.
You agree not to do any of the following actions while using DIRECTV Help Forums:
upload, post or transmit any information protected under the privacy or security regulations issued pursuant to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, information subject to the Heath Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, or non-public sensitive information (other than login or authentication information needed for access to the DIRECTV Help Forums) including but not limited to drivers license number, passport numbers, social security, tax ID or similar numbers, bank, checking, credit card, debit card, or other financial account numbers, and financial or health information
· harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another DIRECTV Help Forum user, or other individual or entity;
· post or transmit via DIRECTV Help Forums any information, data, text, files, links, software, communication or other materials ("User Content") that DIRECTV considers to be unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane or that DIRECTV believes could constitute or encourage conduct that could be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or violate any law;
· impersonate in the DIRECTV Help Forums any person, including but not limited to, a DIRECTV official, forum leader, guide or host;
· disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in a DIRECTV Help Forum or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other participants;
· post or transmit via DIRECTV Help Forums any advertising, promotional or solicitation materials or otherwise use DIRECTV Help Forums for any commercial or public purpose;
· post or transmit via DIRECTV Help Forums any User Content that you do not have the right to make available under any law, agreement or fiduciary relationship;
· post or transmit via DIRECTV Help Forums advertising, promotional or solicitation materials or otherwise use the DIRECTV Help Forums for any commercial or public purpose;
· upload, post or transmit User Content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or affect the functionality of any software, hardware or other telecommunications equipment;
· collect or store personal data of other users;
· violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law while using or accessing DIRECTV Help Forums or in connection with your use of DIRECTV Help Forums in any manner;
· invade the privacy, or violate or infringe upon any personal or proprietary right of, any person or entity; and
· violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or similar rights, including but not limited to copyrights and trademarks, of any person or entity.
DIRECTV, in its sole discretion, may terminate or remove any User Content or your access to DIRECTV Help Forums immediately and without notice: (1) if DIRECTV believes that you have acted inconsistently with the spirit or the letter of the Guidelines or Terms and Conditions or other applicable rules; (2) if DIRECTV believes you have violated or tried to violate the rights of others; (3) if requested by government agencies; (4) if DIRECTV Help Forums is discontinued or modified; (5) upon technical or security problems; or (6) upon extended periods of inactivity. DIRECTV may elect at its sole discretion to monitor some, all, or no areas of DIRECTV Help Forums for adherence to the Guidelines and Terms and Conditions and other rules applicable to DIRECTV Help Forums which may be posted by DIRECTV from time to time. All such rules and the Guidelines are incorporated herein by this reference. The restrictions regarding Materials appearing on DIRECTV Help Forums, and the agreements, representations indemnities, and limitations of liabilities set forth herein will survive any election to discontinue the DIRECTV Help Forums or your participation therein. The DIRECTV Help Forums service is provided "AS IS" and DIRECTV assumes no liability or responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, misdelivery or failure to store any user communication or personalization settings. In addition, DIRECTV assumes no liability or responsibility for any User Content or other content on DIRECTV Help Forums (collectively, “Content”) including without limitation, errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of the use of any Content.
You agree to indemnify and hold DIRECTV and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees made by any third party due to or arising out of User Content you post or submit on the DIRECTV Help Forums or your connection to DIRECTV Help Forums, your violation of the Guidelines, Terms and Conditions, other applicable rules or the rights of others.
DIRECTV, Inc. ("DIRECTV") maintains DIRECTV Help Forums ("the Site") for your personal entertainment, information, education, and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, personal use only, provided that you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post, or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio and video without the permission of DIRECTV.
In addition to the Guidelines, the General Terms and Conditions, other applicable rules posted by DIRECTV from time to time, your access to and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions ("Supplemental Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, all of these Terms and Conditions.
Information about visitors to the Site, including your screen name, your e-mail address and your age, is stored in our secure computing environment. This information is not sold or released to third parties.
We may create aggregate reports of visitors to the Site in order to measure the performance of our web sites. These reports do not contain any personally identifiable information about visitors to our web sites.
You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted or proprietary material unless otherwise noted, and may not be used except as provided in the Guidelines and all Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site without the written permission of DIRECTV. DIRECTV neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with DIRECTV.
DIRECTV makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of any information posted on the Site. While DIRECTV may attempt to correct erroneous information on the Site, DIRECTV assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the Content on the Site.
Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. Neither DIRECTV nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. DIRECTV also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
Images of people or places displayed by DIRECTV on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, DIRECTV. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively, the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of DIRECTV and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of DIRECTV or such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other Content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that DIRECTV will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
DIRECTV has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the Content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
Although DIRECTV may from time to time monitor or review postings, transmissions, and the like on the Site, DIRECTV is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the Content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. DIRECTV will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing DIRECTV to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials. DIRECTV is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
DIRECTV may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
We encourage visitors to this Site to ask questions and assist each other regarding technical issues related to setting up and using your DIRECTV System Receiver, DIRECTV DVR® and the DIRECTV HDTV Receiver and Service. However, DIRECTV does not knowingly accept or consider unsolicited submissions, so we ask that you be specific and limit your comments to that topic. Please do NOT submit any creative or technical concepts, ideas, suggestions, know-how or techniques. At any given time DIRECTV staff is working on various projects and initiatives for new products and services that might seem to others to be similar to their own creative or technical work. Our policy is to destroy any unsolicited submission without reading it, or where possible, arrange for our attorneys to return it to you. To avoid possible misunderstandings, no unsolicited submission will be forwarded to or reviewed by any other DIRECTV staff. Therefore, any similarity between an unsolicited submission and any elements in any DIRECTV creative or technical work would be purely coincidental. In addition, any unsolicited submission you may send will be treated as non-confidential, and DIRECTV will not be liable for any disclosure of such submission.
If, notwithstanding the above, you do transmit unsolicited submissions to the Site, such submissions become the property of DIRECTV and may be adapted, broadcast, changed, copied, disclosed, licensed, performed, posted, published, sold, transmitted, or otherwise used as DIRECTV sees fit. By using the Site and transmitting an unsolicited submission to the Site you agree that you are not entitled to any compensation, credit or notice whatsoever with respect to such submission, and that by sending an unsolicited submission you waive the right to make any claim against DIRECTV, its parents or affiliates relating to our use of such submission, including, without limitation, infringement of proprietary rights, unfair competition, breach of implied contract or breach of confidentiality.
If you believe that any material contained in this Site infringes your copyright, you should notify DIRECTV of your copyright infringement claim in accordance with the following procedure.
DIRECTV will process notices of alleged infringement which it received and will take appropriate action as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable intellectual property laws. The DMCA requires that notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to this Site's Designated Agent, who is:
Christopher A. Murphy
2230 E Imperial Hwy
El Segundo, CA 90245
Telephone: (310) 964-DMCA (3622)
Fax: (310) 964-3180
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information (DMCA, 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)):
1. Physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
©2009 DIRECTV, Inc. DIRECTV and the Cyclone Design logo are trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.