1 2 3 4 Previous Next 134 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2013 7:17 PM by ijusthelp Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    krawlspaceking

3) Because to be qualified to be a FRS or CSR person you must have been fired from a burger flipping position!

Priceless.
  • 16. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    customer1
    Do you know how many customers lie to us?   They swear they never moved their receiver.  Or they are positive the cables are connected correctly.   Then you ask them to double check or remove and disconnect the sat in cable and they respond in 5 seconds that it is done.   And you cannot call them out on a lie because we need to not make them feel dumb or unimportant.   I think that is tough for us when they call and lie.   I will tell people i think are lieing that the tech may charge for the service call if they find that the customer is at fault.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • 17. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    bufmufr

Believe me guys.  WE (CSR's and techs) are all in same boat.

I deal with customers in face to face manner.  I can't tell you how many have told me what the problem was when I got there "dog chewed cable, cut cable while planting garden, hit the box with a hammer, moved box to another without cable".

Only they don't tell you that.  Why?  Cause then it would cost them.

Oor.  I am glad you guys learn that stuff...several weeks AFTER techs have been told to do it that way.

That was my rant...it is not CSRs and techs having the issues...(we do have issues with shady techs and csrs ;)  )  but, once again, DTV and how they handle these changes/issues is the problem.

Why should you have to point out something that they already knew about and didn't communicate to your CSRs?

One hand not talking to the other. 

Seems to me.

• 18. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    customer1
    I agree bufmufr.  Definitely alot of non communication.   Like oor i read alot here and pass it on to my supervisor and once it is approved by a manager it can get sent out in a wider scope.   Many times in my center we end up just passing info by word of mouth because approval for group emails can take too long.   Many fixes cannot be found in a script and with a high worker turn around much gets lost.   I have heard that in the new training csrs do not even learn hands on hooking up equipment anymore...which is sad to me                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 19. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    spionnadh

Examples of the 10 most recent FSR's that I received that cost me $10 a pop:

FSR, NLOS Customer has 26 story office building taking up an entire city block directly across the street = $10

FSR, NLLP, Customer is renting a historic Victorian home with solid wood (not panel) walls and marble floors. Not pre-wired = $10

FSR, WMT, Customer husband called in after I had spoken to wife and confirmed appt. time. Husband only wanted to add another receiver. Husband                    was on out of state business trip when he called = $10

FSR, NLLP, Apartment manager flagged me down to inform me that the property owners did not allow SAT dishes on premises = $10

FSR, NLOS, Apartment restricted SAT to non-pen on tenants balcony. Customers balcony faced NE = $10

FSR, WMT, Only phone number on account was literally 999-999-9999 = $10

FSR, WMT, Picked up a job as a favor to SUP to help co-worker. WMT came with job = $10

FSR, WMT, I completely forgot to call the customer = $10

FSR, NLOS, To many tree's, confirmed 2nd opinion by SUP = $10

FSR, NLLP, Only line of site was either on roof (landlord said no) or on a pole 59 yards away (via laser rangefinder) the customer completely                                refused to pay for burial = $10

ALL accounts thoroughly noted multiple times (with the exception of one of course)

$90 out of my pocket = dislike and mistrust of ANYONE on the other end of the phone. They DON'T read tech notes and DON'T think about how their actions affect techs!

• 20. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    danieldv6
    did a new install last week 1hddvr,3 standards,3 days later customer call asking for 3 hd..they mail them those boxes and a day later the create a service call to have somebody install them...!!!is this my fault!!" then you ask why sometimes hook  up to another dish or wathever..do you care im gona be charged 60 out of my pocket...I dont care what I DO OUTSIDE STARTING TODAY!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 21. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    danieldv6
    take a look at this activity so you know what am I talking about 1-1BI2G33N                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 22. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    ooreikaoo

Mind walking us through how the CSR couldve avoided each situation for you.

• 23. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    ooreikaoo

• 24. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by ooreikaoo 

and upgrade to install customer receivers should have been created, not a NC Rollback or for that mater  NOT an FSR for WNC since CSR cannot do a service call in the first 7 days.

• 25. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by danieldv6
    take a look at this activity so you know what am I talking about 1-1BI2G33N

I did, and there was an upgrade that was canceled and is not showing any NC or SC

*Edit.  There is a SC for the 17th.  Why was the upgrade cancelled??

• 26. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    ooreikaoo

First 3 days actually

• 27. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    danieldv6
    I even help customer to get a hddvr since the work order was 4 standarda...this tellme next time dont open my mouth and do what work order says and...aamm ma'm call directv and upgrade to hd..I dont think they send kaku dishes by mail..they do?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 28. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    spionnadh
    Quote:    Originally Posted by ooreikaoo 

It's called read the Tech notes, they are there for a reason! Use the space between your eyes and practice a little common sense! Here is a perfect example, this is the "Note to Tech" from my first A.M. job this morning:

"(***) *** 1585 JONATHAN N ******. customer gets off at 330 wants the tech to call before also wanted him to come aroung that time if he could. customer wanted a smaller rec."

So thanks a lot ex burger flipper on the phone, you just cost me a job and $10 for the customer not home FSR. This stuff happens every day. EVERY DAY!!!! And you people actually re-assure the customer that I, the Technician, would be more than happy to come out and do a $30 add-a-box 3 1/2 hours AFTER the appointment window. It just make me look like an ***hole when I break it to them that it ain't gonna happen. 

So what do I do? I notate the account like crazy, call to cancel the job and ta-da, some FSR person hits me for $10.

Oh, and here is a favorite of mine, I do an install yet the person's bundled internet is not up and running yet, so I explain that I cannot leave a CCK-w or BBD. So the customer calls DTV after internet is installed to gain access to DTV cinema, gets drop shipped a Wi-Fi decca. Of course they can't figure it out so they call DTV... BAAM NC truck roll/ SIN30 for me! Thanks ex burger flipper!

I wonder if anyone of importance reads these threads? Probably not. 

• 29. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    ooreikaoo
    Quote:    Originally Posted by danieldv6 
    did a new install last week 1hddvr,3 standards,3 days later customer call asking for 3 hd..they mail them those boxes and a day later the create a service call to have somebody install them...!!!is this my fault!!" then you ask why sometimes hook up to another dish or wathever..do you care im gona be charged 60 out of my pocket...I dont care what I DO OUTSIDE STARTING TODAY!!!!!

Step 1: You Install

Step 2: Customer complains, retention sends hd recievers

Step 3: Customer hooks everything up without BBCs , gets SFSS

Step 4: Customer calls Tech and tells us that getting SFSS on all tvs

Step 5: Service Call

1 2 3 4 Previous Next