6 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2013 3:58 AM by tomsl RSS

Watching recordings on ipad

tigvatim
The ipad app has a tab for my playlist but when I select it, it says no dvrs configured.  However all are. Mi see them when I click on the dvrs.  How do I configure it?  I have the whole home setup.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • Re: Watching recordings on ipad
    peds48

Is your WHDVR system connected to the internet?  if so, how?

tigvatim
    Yes, wired directly to router.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    peds48

You cannot watch your DVRs recordings on your iPad, unless you get the DirecTV Nomad device.

www.directv.com/nomad

tomsl
    So what is the purpose of the Playlist section of the iPad app? I can't even get my recordings to show in there. It just says there are no recordings and then keeps refreshing forever. My DVR is connected to the same wifi network, and I can perform other functions fine from the app.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by tomsl 
    So what is the purpose of the Playlist section of the iPad app? 

The purpose of the playlist on the app is more like a remote control.  you select the receiver that you are "watching" and the go to the playlist. tappin on any show will start playback on your TV.

tomsl

Ah, OK. Thanks.

Any idea why that section of the app never updates for me?

The DVR is set to share Playlists via Whole Home, and it is connected to the same router responsible for my wifi network.

Everything else seems to work via the app, e.g. remote, switch channels via guide etc.