6 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2013 3:22 PM by bufmufr RSS

NEW Genie Remote- programming issues

bethlaf

having some problems with the new remotes for the hr44- and it not accepting the 991 to program , if you go in manually through the box, and set it up, it claims its trying the codes but it seems to get hung up,

any advice?

• Re: NEW Genie Remote- programming issues
    ranik

991 is no longer supported you have to use the menu's.

Advice, make sure the genie software is up to date and the clients have received the new firmware. Time consuming but the only way to get it to work, also make sure your pressing enter at the last step in rf pairing not select like previous remotes. 

danieldv6
    Am having problems with VIZIO and RC71  everything works fine but it won't turn tv off ...had this problem twice only with vizio..any sugestions? Thanks in advance...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    dielray

Unfortunately the RC71 is yet another device that reduces tech efficiency.

Before if we spent 1/2 an hour searching for a code we could 990 and save it for the next time we encountered that brand. Those of us who have been doing this for years likely have all the major brands memorized. Forcing a tech into a menu and spending minutes between codes instead of seconds is very disappointing.

DirecTV took out the majority of the codes we are all familiar with (ie 10000), though there are a few left in. The official list can be found at satinstalltraining.com but is 3 pages long, hardly clipboard friendly.

I wrote one up that is one page long and folds over nicely but the forum doesn't seem to let me attach files at the moment. If the built in codes don't work, the only option is to program via RF.

danieldv6: I've encountered that as well. Strangely the same TV did not do it with an RC65 and the same code, so my guess is the RC71s timings are a little different.

kurens
    Quote:    Originally Posted by ranik 

991 is no longer supported you have to use the menu's.

Advice, make sure the genie software is up to date and the clients have received the new firmware. Time consuming but the only way to get it to work, also make sure your pressing enter at the last step in rf pairing not select like previous remotes. 

you don't need wait for sottware download to get rc71 programmate to tv.

Use new codes from satinstall training website.

dielray

Here's that file I wasn't able to upload earlier.

bufmufr

Nice Dielray