1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 128 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2013 4:45 PM by kiwicarol04 Go to original post RSS
  • 75. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    tomsl

I just found the first evidence of Lions games available on DirectTV.

I saw the Barbarians game will be shown on Tuesday @ 5:30pm (***?) on BEIN Sports (channel 620) in SD.

Of course, this channel is not part of the standard XTRA lineup, so I had to activate the Sports Pack for another $7.99 a month. 

Disappointing all around.

• 76. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    josefunaki

How about this,after the reds rebels game bar bar vs lion game came on for like 5 min and than they cut it off,wtftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt i was so happy than boom gone come on directv i know you guys have rights for this just show it come on

• 77. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    kiwicarol04

OK, DirecTV,  5 mins of the British Lions v. Barbarians!!!   now we know you can get the British Lions Tour so when R U going 2 show it??? and the All Blacks v. France starts next Saturday. We WANT International Rugby!!! I'm paying for the Prime Choice pkg so that I can receive Ch: 490-1 and watch rugby. I have not had a call from Ellen Filipiak, Customer Advocate TEam but U can find her email @ bottom of page DirecTV - Elected Officers!! mayB all rugby followers can email her & we might get some results. This worked 2 years ago for the World Cup Rugby!!

• 78. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    tpdesignimpact

I too have had all the above mentioned problems with scheduling(on screen).  I now have to remind myself on Wednesday or Thursday to manually go through all 6-7 games and manually set to record each game because of so many times coming home from being away anticipating watching all the Super Rugby games and there's nothing there.  Recently, I had to leave on Tuesday during the week and wasn't able to manually set to record and did it from my iPhone app.  Each set to record said "Successful" but when we got home again anticipating hours of glorious rugby, my entire HD-DVR was entirely empty-DELETED things I had wanted to view again!  When I called Customer Service they of course, had NEVER heard of such a thing happening!  Nobody else in the department had ever heard of a thing like that happening and of course could not retrieve anything.  I have on many occasions informed their people about World Cup Rugby and Super Rugby.  I too am concerned about not being able to view the upcoming Lion's Tour!  

• 79. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    tomsl

So, after contacting Customer Service to see what they had to say about BIL coverage, here's what they sent me as a response:

Thank you for writing. I understand your concerns with getting access to see the British & Irish Lions Rugby Coverage.

No one delivers more international sports than DIRECTV. We pride ourselves on bringing you the best Rugby action. Whenever the top teams in club and international rugby clash, DIRECTV is there to bring you the action, including exclusive, LIVE coverage of the Super Rugby and The Rugby Championship. For a listing of the Rugby matches that we cover, please visit us at http://www.directv.com/sports/super_rugby_schedule.

The Super Rugby schedule? Seriously?

Clearly nobody in CS knows their @rse from their elbow.

• 80. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    kiwicarol04

Laughable, ain't it. I called & spoke 2 "Customer Cares" on Friday & was given the same spiel (which I had also received via email). advised her she was not listening 2 me. I had checked the TV Guide/website B4 I called.

What do they think International Rugby is???

DirecTV offered me the DVR Genie FREE so I've accepted, will wait 2 see if that improves the recording of Ch: 490-1 (the sales rep assured me it woudl!????)

Call: 1 855 587 7551 for FREE upgrade and beware. My neighbor was told there is a monthly $3 fee!! i was not told of any xtra fees so he called DirecTV back & they cx'd the fee!! 

Clearly, I agree with you, CS R not trained properly & know NOTHING about rugby!! I believe they have a page numbered from 1 - 10 with set answers & they hit a button 2 reply 2 our complaints!!

• 81. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    lmaris
    Whenever I ask, they give the same line:  Watch Super rugby (I already do) or soccer.  Soccer????  Really?  Only a moron would think they are equivalent.

Why in the world would Directv acquire the USA/Canada rights to the Lions tour if they have no intention of showing it?  The replay on Tuesday isn't a Directv broadcast, just another international channel's replay.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact Directv shows the far superior Southern Hemisphere rugby.   FoxSoccerPlus has relegated even the top tier of Northern Hemisphere rugby (which is full of SH has beens and never weres) to red-headed step child status.  They rarely show live matches, and have promoted rugby league to preferred programming.  They'll even show a Russian soccer match ahead of live rugby.

Have now given up hope on seeing any of the Lions tour live, and am now just hoping Directv manages to get the english-speaking commentary for the Rugby Championship series matches played in Argentina, as they rarely if ever managed this last year.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 82. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    kiwicarol04

I'm still hoping Upper mangement will reconsider & bring us at least the TEST matches!!! I wil keep sending emails to Ellen Filipiak, can only bring her up by going online to DirecTV Elected officers 7 her name come up in small pring @ bottom of page, click on & it takes you 2 a email format for the DirecTV Customer Advovate Team. I got e/m stating I would B called within 24 hrs but no live response yet!! We all persisted 2 get the Wortld Cup Rugby so SO keep persisiting rugby followers!!

• 83. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    berndog

This is an absolute disgrace. Directv needs to step up for one of the biggest events in the sport - I am baffled that they don't have every single game televised. I want to watch the Force tonight and I am going to have no joy at this rate. I agree with kiwicarol04 - get on andemail Ellen!!!!

• 85. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    lmaris
    Thanks for the link!  Slam the email.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
  • 86. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    bargearse

The Lions v Force is on the guide and I suspect ALL further 8 matches will be also.

• 87. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    josefunaki

Don't jinx it,this happen last year too,they put up the game on guide and  pull it off last hour,spam there email now

• 88. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    lmaris
    Got a response from Chad in "Office of the President" of Directv this morning.  Here is the schedule he promised me will show on Channels 490(SD) & 490-1(HD)

Wednesday     June 5        6:00 AM EST
    Saturday     June 8        5:30 AM EST
    Tuesday     June 11    5:30 AM EST
    Saturday     June 15    5:30 AM EST
    Saturday    June 22    6:00 AM EST
    Tuesday    June 25    5:30 AM EST
    Saturday    June 29    6:00 AM EST
    Saturday    July 6        6:00 AM EST                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 89. Re: Rugby on Channel 490 is Gone
    tomsl

Got the same email from the OotP.

Hooray, Western Force for breakfast tomorrow!

You missed one game in that list that was included in my email. Brumbies on 6/18 at 5:30 also.

1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next