14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 8:24 PM by mjb@dtv RSS

No servers were detected

ooreikaoo

I am getting a FLOOD of these calls I swear, its like every other call is one of these.

Who broke the software again?

• Re: No servers were detected
    dtvsub

Oh goood. SIN30 sin90 for us

danieldv6
    It might just be the storm happenig affecting the server signal lol                                                                                                                                                                                               
    ooreikaoo

So much for that...

C31-700 - Customers may report an issue with C31-700 clients having a message stating "No Servers Detected". Engineering is aware and investigating.

Please see Agent Instructions for additional detail:

peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by ooreikaoo 

So much for that...

C31-700 - Customers may report an issue with C31-700 clients having a message stating "No Servers Detected". Engineering is aware and investigating.

Please see Agent Instructions for additional detail:

how many SC did you scheduled before you got the BF?

ooreikaoo

Good news, the caddie says to send a service call as normal if rebooting doesnt fix it, sorry techs :3

danieldv6
    The Engineers job is create products to work on some percentage good and some bad to bite the technicians ..of course they know they take millions back from us technicians...a good engineer knows how to make good products..look comcast, they have real engineers as they dont have this stu#"pid policy                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
    proudpapa

Got a voicemail from a customer today that his three clients were searching for a server.  I called him within 15 minutes and he had already called DTV and they were sending a tech out in the morning.  I had him do a reset on the Genie and everything came back up.

So why in the world would a CSR schedule a service call without even doing the simplest troubleshooting?  Especially on a known problem....

bufmufr

They never try and reset the hr34 or hr44..it is always the clients problem..*sighs*

customer1
    The csr simply did not read the cadie or follow the script.   Shame on them.   I took 7 calls for this today and fixed every one with a reset.   I even fixed several clients that kicked back to retrieve a pin and add location after the recent tornadoes and heavy storms in ohio and some of the southern states.   And walked a few agents through the process that could not get them back and working.   Mind you this last week we were thrown into the hr44 queue with no training on the built in cck and trouble shooting....is there anything we need to be aware of?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
      grahaminstaller1

Not a lot to it really HR44 is way better than HR34. built in CCK is easy same as non internal set up really. there is an option for push button set up if they have WPS and an option for manual set up if they dont. any questions you guys can message me on here ive been installing these for several months now.

mrtyler10

Me too slowing down recently though guess customer relize to reset finnally!!!

ijusthelp

Probably the same people who can't keep the activation system running... It's too bad we can't issue Sin30's on them and charge them for the wasted time and this ridiculous delayed activation system...

mjb@dtv

Our Whole Home setup had been working near perfectly for several months then all of a sudden this!  I thought maybe it was a software update on Oct 16, but apparently it's been a problem for others for some time.  It makes no sense to suddenly have an issue like this after operating so reliably for six months since install.   Seriously any tech patting themselves on the back for instructing resets, unplugs & waits, reboots, reauthorizations - WHATEVER - that gets someone back up and running might deserve some praise if it wasn't for the fact that later tonight or tomorrow it will be screwed up again and the routine may or may not work the next time...  for all of the clients...  maybe two out of three...  was all three yesterday...  oh just one out of three today...  What happened DTV?  You had TWC so outclassed, but this is like a harsh flashback!

mjb@dtv

Oh yeah and I'm tired of search results that are all about router connections, RJ45's, Internet, wireless, etc...  because we're not running any of that.  Just simple Whole Home DVR with 3 clients and no changes, no construction, no tampering with what had been working great for six months.  It just broke on it's own.  I was a good PC tech once upon a time BTW and I learned not to waste time tweaking my stuff trying to get back online when it's the ISP's server that's down.  That's basic 1999 networking 101.  That means that DTV needs to get this straight!  It can't be that complicated.  ENGINEERS???  SOMEBODY?  Anybody?    ?;^)