1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 134 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2013 7:17 PM by ijusthelp Go to original post RSS
  • 105. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    patech

went to genie swap/ replace upgrade today.... in cust svc notes it states that customer cut his cable while landscaping and then states that he was offered a $0 upgrade..... so lets get this straight.... customer is stupid and cuts his own line from the dish and gets rewarded with a free genie and not having to pay for a service call for the 170 feet of cable that i had to bury to repair his stupidity...... directv needs to add a line item for service work done on upgrades to compensate us for this cr*p..... 3 hours for a $25 job is not acceptable!

• 106. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    ooreikaoo

If you had to bury 170 feet of cable you shouldve charged $170...

Its called custom charges...

A STANDARD install only covers the cable being run , not it being burried

• 107. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    bufmufr

have to bury 20 ft...rest is chargeable..

But frankly...170 ft is more then Should be run.

150 foot run including house cabling should be max.

So, you may (probably not) have Sin coming up for that one.

patech...csr's are instructed to get customer under contract again/upgrade for contract extension..it is smart business..hate it sometimes..but smart business.

Spion..wrong?  nope..system allows you to do it....do it.

• 108. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    patech

wasnt a standard install..... was set up as an upgrade and the cable was already buried that distance until the customer cut it...... if directv doesnt want to set up 2 work orders then they need to make a payable line item for service work performed on an upgrade..... or else they need to set up the service call and instruct the customer to call back for their free upgrade after the system is fixed.....

• 109. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    ooreikaoo

How do you feel about what I just did:

Old lady, obviously fixed income, channel not available on her locals coming from the 119, but definitely had the right satellite for it, just not the money for the service call. Soooo I just local channel $0 dish upgraded her ... figured the tech gets more money , customer gets her alignment or w/e the fudge is going on fixed, everyone happy (sorta , directv mad, yea they mad)

*edit* At least I think she had the right dish..

• 110. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    netraa
    Quote:    Originally Posted by ooreikaoo 

How do you feel about what I just did:

Old lady, obviously fixed income, channel not available on her locals coming from the 119, but definitely had the right satellite for it, just not the money for the service call. Soooo I just local channel $0 dish upgraded her ... figured the tech gets more money , customer gets her alignment or w/e the fudge is going on fixed, everyone happy (sorta , directv mad, yea they mad)

*edit* At least I think she had the right dish..

I would take that work order straight to the bank.  No questions asked, and if the dish needs to be moved for LOS for trees or whatever, just add odu relocate to the work order and make it happen,

beats the holy snot out of having to do that on a service call since as a tech I do have a heart and won't leave someone out in the cold that is obviously not able to pay what needs to be paid to do it 'right'

~N

• 111. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    bufmufr

I approve of this method.

Win/win for everyone..

We make money and don't lose parts..

Customer doesn't pay and gets what she needs back.

• 112. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    ooreikaoo

Customer comes home after a week to the smell of chemical burning and sparks flying in one of the recievers, unplugs the reciever and calls us CSR sends replacement, customer calls back says the swm supply was behind that same reciever and smells of chemical burn too...

So after a discussion with my sup we did service call.

Just curious was it likely just the box? or could there have been power in the line from a faulty swm supply?

Basically this is a better safe then sorry scenario right?

• 113. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    pbreeze

could be that the electrical outlet was wired improperly- hot and ground reversed

• 114. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    zman15

Ok here is one for you. Upgrade odu relocate get to job and find out customer has been dropped shipped dvr but dvr is not on work order. Ask customer what problem is she explains she can only record one thing because she has a 18/20 with one line coming in. I look over job and realize 2 custom wall fishes will be needed to get second line in. customer refuses to pay so job noted and canceled. Next week job shows up again same way. Ask customer why job got rescheduled customer says sales rep said they would pay for wall fishes? yet nothing on work order to pay me for 2 wall fishes?

• 115. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    customer1
    In the protection plan we are required to indicate wall fishing and other cuatom charges may apply and are discussed with the tech on site and they will need to pay the tech directly.   If we do not we get into trouble.   Probably because of issues like you experienced.   As for sales and other depts i cannot say                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • 116. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    ooreikaoo

I dont even bother trying to make excuses for our agents anymore.

"You want us to come out today? at 2am? Ok. " *schedule for 2 weeks later*

"Oh sure that service call , they will give you that free of charge, let me get you to tech support" *click*

"You need to move your dish? What you need it on a pole? Yea dont worry we do that , its only $49"

so forth so on...

it gets tiring

• 117. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    bufmufr

Liking Reika more and more ;)

• 118. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    ooreikaoo

UGH and now for the all time worst...

Customer calls 3 years later to tell us "hey the tree grew and we shouldnt have to pay for a relocate cause your tech should know better"

"Um no"

"Give me a supervisor"

"Ok"

SUP "Ok lets add the protection plan and get a tech out there for you" *Service call* !!!

I told my sup off in email I was so mad

• 119. Re: FSR and Service Calls
    pbreeze

Well at least the tech didn't get hit on their metrics...

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next