7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2013 5:05 AM by racmpc RSS

Has anyone successfully downloaded GenieGO onto a tablet from Google Play Store???

android

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 running stock ICS, and when I search for GenieGO within the Play Store, the app does not appear.

When I view the Play Store from a PC, or open a direct link to the GenieGO app on my tablet, it says "Samsung GT-P7510 - This item is not compatible with your device".

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is shown on the "Compatible Devices" on the GenieGO website.

I saw another post describing a similar problem with an Asus Transformer tablet, also listed as a "Compatible Device".

Anyone experience anything similar or have a solution for those of us that would like to use the GenieGO app on an Android tablet?

Thanks!

• Re: Has anyone successfully downloaded GenieGO onto a tablet from Google Play Store???
    pk6301
    I downloaded the app to my Samsung Tab 2 7.0 the other day. I ordered the GenieGo from Directv and it should be here on 6/10/13.  Hope this helps.
  • Re: Has anyone successfully downloaded GenieGO onto a tablet from Google Play Store???
    barajas24

I think the APP you want to look for is called ( DIRECTV Nomad )  I do not believe there is one called GenieGO and if there is one it is probably unrelated to DIRECTV or something else. 

Please note the NOMAD was just recently rebranded GenieGO but some rebranding of names such as in the APPS may still be in the works by the DIRECTV marketing team or IT guys.

virgo76
    I downloaded the genie go app to my nexus 7 today.  The genie go will be installed on Thursday.                                                                                                                                                                                               
    rdarmand

OP: I have the same issue on my Asus Transformer. It's listed as compatible on the DirecTV website, but not according to the Google Play Store. I called tech support, but they weren't able to help. They recommended I come to the forums, but I've been told by other posters that the forums are not monitored by DIrecTV. My last attempt was to send an E-mail to DirecTV Support that said: "Could you please notify whoever is responsible for posting your app to the Google Play Store that the ASUS Transformer Pad is not listed as "compatible". I believe it is something DirecTV has to enable when making the app available."

The response via E-mail was "Thank you for writing about the ASUS Transformer Pad.

I understand that access to these application is important to you, however, at this time, we do not have any plans to support this application.

Your thought matters. Thus, I have forwarded your suggestion on to DIRECTV Management for review. While DIRECTV Management can not follow up individually with every customer, rest assured every suggestion and comment is reviewed. We often make changes based on customer feedback like yours."

So, no joy directly from DirecTV. The app does install on the Transformer, however, and it might on the Galaxy Tab 2 as well. I installed the app on my phone, backed up the app (using MyBackup Pro), and then transferred the APK file to my Transformer and installed it. Round about way of doing it, but it worked.