23 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2014 4:12 PM by peds48 RSS

Program RC71 remote to TV

randycjla

I searched for hours on how to correctly program this remote to work with my TV and after messing around with it in frustration I found the correct way to program it to your TV. First, have your Genie Mini receiver connected and powered on. Next, grab your RC71 remote and simultaneously hold the "MUTE" + "ENTER" buttons until you see a box appear on your TV screen that says "Applying IR/RF Setup. Please Wait" (this appears after about 5 seconds of holding those buttons). Once complete another dialog box will appear and read, "Your remote is now setup for RF." Click "SELECT" to exit that screen. Next, click the "MENU" button, scroll down to "Settings & Help", then click on "Settings", scroll down to and click on "Remote Control", then click "Program Remote". Next you will have two options, either "Program TV" or "Program Audio Device". Click "Program TV", this takes you to a screen where you need to select what BRAND your TV is. After you have selected your TV brand you will have to select the TV Model ( I recommend looking at the sticker on the back of your TV for the accurate Model number or using your current TV remote to find the model number from the menu screen on your TV for fastest and best results). Once the correct model number is selected, AIM your RC71 remote at the TV and it will AUTOMATICALLY program!

This is the easiest, fastest and only correct way I have seen throughout the internet and support forums!

Your welcome lol