1 2 3 Previous Next 174 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2013 1:00 AM by robfromcapecod RSS

Can not login to DirecTV mobile apps

emshaughnessy

I am able to login to the DirecTV website but not any of the DirecTV related apps. I have called DirecTV but they can not help and I have tried all the troubleshooting but still can not login. What can I do?

• 1. Re: Can not login to DirecTV mobile apps
    litzdog911

Need more info:

• What DirecTV equipment do you have?  Model numbers, details?
    • Specifically, what app(s)?
    • Any error messages when you try to access these apps?
  • 2. Re: Can not login to DirecTV mobile apps
    emshaughnessy

- Equipment - I have one genie and three mini genies in the house. The model number is HR44-500

- Apps - I am unable to sign into to the apps DIRECTV, GenieGO, and SundayTicket

- Error Messages - DIRECTV (Invalid User ID-Email and Password Combination), GenieGO (Incorrect - Email/Password Combination (AR/2001)), and SundayTicket (Incorrect E-mail/Password Combination)

And also like I said I am able to login to the DirecTv website using the exact same email and password

• 3. Re: Can not login to DirecTV mobile apps
    litzdog911

How long have you been a DirecTV subscriber. If this is a brand new account then it can take a few days for those services to activate.

• 4. Re: Can not login to DirecTV mobile apps
    taly4life

I am having the same exact issue and when I called technical support they said they cant help... that is RIDICULOUS. this is one of the reasons I signed up for service and it is a reasonable expectation to be able to log in to my services.  Somebody please read the posts and help us. I have the same issues where it says invalid username/password.  Customer service has already attempted to unlock the account but that did nothing.

• 5. Re: Can not login to DirecTV mobile apps
    peds48

as I said on your other post, it can take a couple of days for these features to become available

• 6. Re: Can not login to DirecTV mobile apps
    diamondback13@verizon.net

I've been a subscriber for 18+ years - and my Directv mobile app for my Android has worked in the past - suddenly, I cannot log in to it anymore.  Like the OP, I can log in using that login/password online without a problem.  Frustrated with Support!!

• 7. Re: Can not login to DirecTV mobile apps
    aimster

ME TOO!  I've been on the phone with tech support for the last 4 days.  I can log in to the website no problem, but when I try to log into the apps (DirectTV App, HBO-Go, Showtime app, etc.) they all says username/password invalid.  I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, changing the password, changing the email address.  They resynced my account 5 times and NOTHING WORKS!  And they cannot figure out why or even tell me that someone is working on it!  ***?

• 8. Re: Can not login to DirecTV mobile apps
    danielrojas88

i am having the exact same issues. my account was activated almost 3 days ago now.

• 9. Re: Can not login to DirecTV mobile apps
    mightykat

I'm having the same issues - I spent all day on the phone with Customer Service yesterday and was told that many people are having the same problems logging in as well. I'm supposed to be getting a call back within the next 24-48 hours with an update. My service was activated this past Saturday, so I thought maybe it took a few days for the system to update with my info, but the rep I talked to last night said that she's seen people have the service activated and be able to immediately log in to the mobile apps.

This was a huge selling point for me to switch and if they can't get this straightened out, I'm honestly rethinking my decision to keep the service.

• 10. Re: Can not login to DirecTV mobile apps
    spouse1775

Same exact issue. It seems like something would have been done by now or that DIRECTV would let new customers know the entirety of the advertised services will not be available until XX number of days after installation.  It seems like we are due a credit for services not rendered.  I am switching from Comcast - this is not the best way to start out.

• 11. Re: Can not login to DirecTV mobile apps
    taly4life

It's pretty ridiculous how they can't acknowledge that there is an issue.

That should be the first step, admitting there is a problem so someone

could look into it instead of treating us all like senior citizens who

can't type a username and password.

On Aug 6, 2013 2:48 PM, "spouse1775" <directv-admin@forums.directv.com>

• 12. Re: Can not login to DirecTV mobile apps
    etgofishing

My service was set up on Saturday also, and I still can not log in to anything besides their website.

After talking to service third time I was transferred to the fourth person who asked me "are you sure you are using the right email address?" I almost lost it and ended up hanging up on them.

• 13. Re: Can not login to DirecTV mobile apps
    mahercs

Yup. Got my service on Saturday as well (Genie + a Genie mini) and cannot log into any mobile apps (DirecTV/Sunday Ticket).  I changed my email address as well, and that didn't help.  I don't want to waste time calling as it seems no one else got any help that way.  Very annoying that I can't use these features, especially the Sunday Ticket one...for now it's not an issue, but come football season, it needs to be resolved.  Don't know if it matters, but I can't get the TV apps to work either, not that it's mandatory, but still.  

• 14. Re: Can not login to DirecTV mobile apps
    peds48

Sunday ticket app wont work until DirecTV updates the app for the current season.

1 2 3 Previous Next