10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2013 6:05 PM by wearyconsumer RSS

Cannot Connect to Internet using dlink DSL Gateway 2750B

norbie85

I have a whole home system with 1 HDDVR (HR24-100) and 2 HD (1 H23-600 with a Deca 1MR0-01 adaptor and a H24-100). I have the DECA BB1MR0-01 Broadband adaptor tied into my dlink 2750B gateway via Ethernet. My old Verizon DSL gateway (which worked fine with my DirecTV wholehome service) was recently hit by lightning and was replaced with the dlink 2750B gateway. I can connect to the network (says coax connected) but it will not allow me to connect to the Internet.(says not connected (13) I’ve reset the system following a thread on this forum but without any success. All 3 lights onDECA DECCA adaptors are green.  I view my network map and I am unable to see any of the DirecTV devices where before the gateway swap I could see them all. For some reason the DVR keeps pulling a 169.254.3.154 IP and will not allow me to change it. I see a few posts from people using the dlink gateway having issues connecting also. Is there something I’m missing? I’m a Comcast Technician so I’ve basically done most of the troubleshooting I can.  All my other devices on my network are working fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Undecided

• Re: Cannot Connect to Internet using dlink DSL Gateway 2750B
    dcd

The 169 IP address indicates that the system is not seeing your Internet connection or the DHCP portion of the router.  I would disable all router firewall and other protective devices, make sure DHCP was enabled and run the reset again.  Be sure to do all steps and do them in the order listed.

First thing to try is resetting the network....it must be done in this order. Before you begin, assure that DHCP is enabled on your router if your system is connected to the Internet.  Also confirm that your router has no MAC filtering or firewall enabled. This is essential.

1. Disconnect AC power from each DVR and Receiver

2. Disconnect power from the DECA BB Adapter.

3. Disconnect power from the SWM dish Power Inserter (do you know where yours is located)?

4. Disconnect then reconnect AC power on your router.

5. Wait a few minutes for the router to reset

6. Re-power the SWM Power Inserter.

7. Re-power the DECA Broadband Adapter.

8. Re-power each DVR and Receiver

Following that, press and hold the info button on the remote, then select more system info. Scroll down and confirm that Internet shows as connected.

norbie85

Same thing, still pulling the same IP.  Also the lights are green on the adaptors but the led on the router which the broadband adaptor is connected to does not flash at all where all 3 other devices connected to the router shows activity. I tried different router inputs.  I went into the router and totally disabled the firewall. I reset the system according to your thread. Do you know where I would look to make sure The DHCP is enabled?  Its a dlink 2750B DSL Gateway.

davemc04
    I am having them same issue and just a reset didn't work. Were you able to find a solution?                                                                                                                                                                                       
    peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by davemc04 
    I am having them same issue and just a reset didn't work. Were you able to find a solution?

Best to start your own new thread using the "Create New Post" button on the main forum page. Your problem may very well be different from the original poster's. With a new thread you can provide more information about your equipment (model numbers), location, and troubleshooting you've tried so far. And this forum software makes it difficult to track or respond to folks that add onto someone else's thread. Thank you.

norbie85
    I give up!  VZ refers me to directtv and direct tv refers me to vz.  Is it possible to run a ethernet cord directly from my router to the back of my HR24-100 dvr instead of going through the deca broadband adaptor to see if the adaptor is faulty?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
    davemc04
    Norbie67,

As I mentioned above I have the same issue right down to the lightning strike. I happened to have two deca adapters in my system and when I switched out the one I suspected as faulty, everything started working again. I even have the port light on my router on again. I picked up a new deca adapter off EBay for less than 15 bucks. I recommend replacing your deca adapter.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    dcd
    Quote:    Originally Posted by norbie67 
    . Is it possible to run a ethernet cord directly from my router to the back of my HR24-100 dvr instead of going through the deca broadband adaptor to see if the adaptor is faulty?

No, if you connect an Ethernet cable to the HR24 it will disable your Whole Home system.  Maybe you should follow Dave's advice.

polybus

I am thinking that the DSL-2750B is not compatible at all.  Mine doesn't work either.  Worked with techsupport for an hour but no use.  Not recognizing my correct security key of just numbers with no spaces or punctuation.

peds48
        Yes, this gateway has lots of issues.  Best to get anohter gateway or bridge the 2750 and get yourslef another router
          wearyconsumer

Bottom Line: If you have a Dlink DSL2750b from Verizon and are trying to install DirectTV cinema connection STOP RIGHT NOW and save youself the five hours I just spent learning that the two are simply incompatible.

For some reason no one at DirecTV knew this and put me though endless paces to no avail, including a change to my router password that now means I have to reconnect all of my devices.

Once I learned in DirectTV forums that this Dlink modem router is incompatible with DirectTV I called Verizon and the tech agent said, "Oh yes that one is incompatible with DirecTV." And he cheerfully ordered a free replacement, the Actiontec GT784WNV, which I haven't gotten yet but was promised it will be fine.

Two Questions:

1) For DirecTV, why in the world isn't this a known issue for your tech team so that they don't have to belabor consumers with hours of troubleshooting that does no good.

2) Most importantly, for Verizon, why in the world do you even send out a modem that isn't compatible with the growing use of internet connection equipment for TVs? Or at least tell us before we order them.