10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2013 8:49 AM by 19jsstein19 RSS

Pandora troubleshooting

awh

Pandora used to work fine.  Now it does not go to the next song after the first song played after starting Pandora.  It is paused on the last song.  If I push the skip button, it goes to the next song, but pauses at the end of that song again.  Any solutions?

• Re: Pandora troubleshooting
    dcd

Try a red button reset on the receiver.

awh

Unfortunately did not work.  Pandora still stops playing after the first song.

dcd

I would delete all the stations that have this problem then recreate them.  There are no settings in the Pandora feature so we have to rely on the software to setup the stations properly.

rijkstra
    Quote:    Originally Posted by dcd 

I would delete all the stations that have this problem then recreate them.  There are no settings in the Pandora feature so we have to rely on the software to setup the stations properly.

Sounds a bit drastic if you have not tried "Account Signout" and then recreating the account.

dcd

Creating a new account will likely delete all the Pandora stations anyway.  It takes maybe 2 minutes or so to delete a Pandora station and create the new one in it's place.  I've never had the problem the OP posted so my suggestion was off the cuff.  Have you had the posted problem?

This thread is moving in slow motion, Twenty-Six days and two posts from the OP.

rijkstra
    Quote:    Originally Posted by dcd 

Creating a new account will likely delete all the Pandora stations anyway.

Yes, but only from DTV.  The online account should be untouched when you sign out.  Then you can go through the procedure to reconnect it and should get a cleaner version of all your stations.  I see that as preferable to deleting and recreating stations one by one.  No, I haven't had the problem, but would first use a softer approach rather than a sledgehammer.  Since I have 17 stations, it would take me 34 minutes by your approach.  It doesn't take much time at all to sign out on DTV and sign back in with a new code.  I would also do a red-button reset between disconnecting and reconnecting, just to minimize the possibility of the glitch carrying over to the reconnect.

thornton3000

I have this same problem, i can press Skip to go to the next song manually or i can switch stations to play another song, but then after the song is done, it just sits there silent. box has not just been reset, the power was disconnected. Still same problem.

19jsstein19

We have been experiencing the same problem within the last week. We are having the issue on our HR24-100 model. I have signed out and signed back in and we are still having the problem.