6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2013 6:34 PM by efward2 RSS

Sl3

efward2

Have a sl3 lnb with 1 port. Connect sat finder, one end to lnb other to hr 21 able to find sat. Inset PI and no difference in strength while moving ant in az. Tilt and elevation good. Do I actually need the PI?

• Re: Sl3
    peds48

you can't use that "meter" with a SWM LNB.  use the receiver built in signal meter to align the dish

efward2

I should go into a little more detail of my problem.  I did original on iphone and 2 hard to type.  I bought the SlimLine 3 LNB for my RV. Got the PI and a 4 way splitter which I do not need.  I did use the sat finder with the PI not installed and was able to zero in on Az for the strongest signal.  I have it on a tripod located below my house dish.  Az matches. As you mentioned I am unable to see any difference when the PI is installed. Removed satfinder and  I connect it to my HR21, signal strength is 0. The HR21 did configure it as a SL3.  code 771 appears. I have the B Band converter OFF, all cables checked good as I put them inline with my house system and all worked.  I have come to the conclusion my LNB might be bad and ordered a new one.  Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

peds48

It might just be dish alignment

efward2

I Agree it could be but since I have it at the same AZ as home antenna I thought might eliminate that.  My home is a sl5, I think it would be the same bearing as the sl3, could be wrong. Are the tilts all the same?

peds48

There is no way to set the AZ as your home antenna, as there is no markings on the dish.   AZ gets "set" by sweeping the dish left and right until the satellite is found.  the tilt is the same for both LNB types