7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2013 7:14 AM by blurvis RSS

GenieGo will not activate

dapatrone

I recently got a GenieGo, and have been unable to activate it through my home network. All lights are blue, and it is showing up on my router's home network.  My Genie is showing a connection and network testing is all passing. I have attempted to activate this through a windows 7 and a mac.  I have reset, unplugged,  both my Genie and GenieGo multiple times and still get an error message "You are missing one or more system requirements to activate your GenieGo. Please refer to your quickstart guide." I spent over an hour with tech support yesterday, and the issue was still not resolved. Tech support did find that my device was not activated, and did activate it. Still getting the same error message. Before I return my GenieGo, does anyone have any ideas why this will not activate? Thank you!

• Re: GenieGo will not activate
    peds48

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

dcd

I'd guess that the message you are seeing "You are missing one or more system requirements to activate your GenieGo. Please refer to your quickstart guide." is emanating from your computer.  If you have another computer available try installing the GenieGO software on it and see if you can't get it up and running.  You might also try removing the software from the Windows 7 box and reinstalling it.

dapatrone

thank you for your response!  tried installing and removing from both the mac and windows computers.  I'm at a total loss as to what to do at this point. I had a Monsoon player intstalled a few years ago, and had no issues getting it to run. Why all the difficulty with the GenieGo? As soon as I have some free time, I'll see if I can get technical support to reset the device again.