9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2014 9:11 AM by goat67 RSS

Does the DT remote work with RVU?

seneca5boy

I have the Samsung UN32F6300AFXZA with RVU. Does anyone know if I can use the RC71 remote or do I have to use the Samsung remote. I hope the DirecTV remote is supported because the Samsung remote does not have the list button.

• Re: Does the DT remote work with RVU?
    peds48

the RC71 should work

seneca5boy

Didn’t work

seneca5boy

If anyone finds a way to make the DirecTV remote work with the build in RVU tuner in the Samsung 6300 I would like to know. In the mean time I have learned that the “C” button on the Samsung remote is the “List” button and the “B” button is the DirecTV menu. It is not the most optimum way to use it, but it works, and if your wife is like mine and wants no wires this is a good way to go.

seneca5boy

Finally got it. For everyone that needs to use the DirecTV RC71 remote with a Samsung or Sony TV with built in RVU.

It's probably best to reset the remote first:

Press MUTE and SELECT together, wait a few seconds for the LED to blink twice then press 981.

Then press MUTE and SELECT together again and enter the code for your TV.

Samsung: 54000

Sony: 54001

Yes the remote will control everything including power and volume.

I tried it on the old RC64 but it did not work so it looks like the RC71 is the only remote that will work right now. Can't wait for a lighted RC71.

goat67

It's an old thread, but thank you, seneca5boy! 

Two different installers, and several phone support people at Directv couldn't answer this question a year after you did.

I found this, and it works for my 2014 RVU Samsung and the rc72 remote. As you said, the B and C buttons access the DT menu and Playlist on the Samsung remote, but now I can use the rc72 too.  Thanks again!