6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2013 7:59 PM by peds48 RSS

***?

telledge

GenieGo.  Bought it ($$$$) at the start with lots of unanswered promises - remember the NOMAD?  Retired it and then bought back in when you renamed it to GenieGO with all new promises and thought you were serious.  But...  Impossibly long fast forward and reverse - can live with that if I have to.  But no AirPlay on iOS devices?  What is that about.  My ultimate is the lack of Forward and Reverse controls when watching a football game!  This is total BS.  And you end my shows before they are over?  I can watch several minutes past where you cut me off if I watch on live TV?  What are you basing the GenieGo cutoff on?

With the lack of Pac-12 support on DirecTV, I'm ready to switch to Dish Network and their MODERN devices.  Get your act together DirecTV!  You are starting to stink worse that you have in the past.  ***?  Come on gang - let's call this the fail that it is.  Get it together...

• Re: ***?
    litzdog911

Be sure to email your comments directly to DirecTV. We're customers like you, not employees.  They won't see it here.

dcd

You're wrong about no FF or RW though.  When a GenieGO program is playing there is a small button center bottom of the screen that shows playback progress.  On a PC you can drag that button to any point in the program and it will FF or RW to that point.  As to early cutoff, the GenieGO is playing recordings from your HD DVR so it's your responsibility to add record time to sporting events that may run over.

telledge

The FF and RW controls work on a recording of 60 to 90 minutes but if you record something on the order of a football game 3 hours or more, they do not work.  They are there but not active.  The same with the slider control.  Check it out for yourself.

As to the early cutoff, watching on the GenieGo routinely cuts off during the credits or during the preview of the next episode.  If I go to my TV and watch the recording from my DVR the full credits and preview are there.  GenieGo is stopping before the end of the recording.

Both of these problems are using the GenieGo app on an iPad.

dcd

You are simply not understanding (or are dismissing out of hand) the slider that allows fast forward in the GenieGO App.  I just tried a 4 hour recording on my iPad and the slider FF and RW worked just fine.

aaverhoff

II'm having the same issue. I thought it was because the show was still recording. Recorded shows all have the slider button but  a live show that has not finished recording does not have the sliders.