3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2013 3:16 PM by litzdog911 RSS

Question

patbizzo

I want to take my home receiver with me in my RV......what kind of portable system do I need?  I'm looking at the Satelite Oasis DTV18SKIT,,,,,will this work with my receiver model: R22NC-100

Thanks

• Re: Question
    litzdog911

Any DirecTV dish will work with your R22 DVR.   What sort of dish do you have at home?   Do you know if your home dish is "Single Wire Multiswitch"?   Having the same type of dish for your RV as your home dish makes the DVR setup process a bit simpler.

patbizzo

Thanks for your quick response.....I'm really not sure what kind of dish I have but it appears the cable is flat and one wire connects the dish to the DVR.

So you say the Satelite Oasis DTV18SKIT will work fine.

litzdog911

Yes, that dish will work fine.  If only one coax is currently connected to your home's R22 DVR, then you probably have a "Single Wire Multswitch" setup at home.  So you'll just need to repeat the R22's Satellite Setup when you go mobile and use the portable dish.  During the appropriate setup step, specify "Multiswitch" and then the "18" Round" dish type, in that specific order.  You should practice at home a few times with the new dish so you won't waste time when you're setting up your RV.