1 2 3 4 Previous Next 103 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2014 9:07 AM by td-max Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    ssaylor

Tech was here today. Agreed it was not a receiver problem since he has a HR24 non-Genie and it occurs for him as well! This is a transmission problem and unless it's resolved soon I'll be switching back to Comcast. 

• 16. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    gort

Thanks for posting this. This is exactly what I see, and the problem is not getting better. Often it happens even more frequently. It seems to be mainly a Genie problem. If I record the same show at the same time on my HR-21, the pixelation happens only on the Genie.

• 17. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    texasbrit

If it happens on the HR24 it's almost certainly a different issue. This problem only happens on the HR34 (not even on the Hr44 as far as we can tell)......

• 18. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    ssaylor

I'm sure it's the same issue. Check the videos above.  

• 19. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    texasbrit

Does not happen on my HR24, HR21 or HR20. Only on the Hr34. Your video was for the HR34, you will see that others have reported it's only on the HR34.

• 20. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    ssaylor

Yes, mostly on the Genie but according to the DirecTV guy, it's occurring on his HR24 too.

The local NBC affiliate is monitoring with a D12-100 but it's not HD.

• 21. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    texasbrit

I wouldn't put a lot of credibility on what the DirecTV tech told you....

• 22. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    ssaylor

He had nothing to gain by lying to me. He actually called his manager to document my case (which is still open and unresolved BTW ) and left his number for me to call when I notice it occurring in real time. Additionally, I just received a message from our local NBC affiliate and the have activated logging on their reception. They have asked me to call with exact times so they can see if there are any transmission anomalies. So I'll play a little longer.

• 23. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    ssaylor

He had nothing to gain by lying to me. He actually called his manager to document my case (which is still open and unresolved BTW ) and left his number for me to call when I notice it occurring in real time. Additionally, I just received a message from our local NBC affiliate and the have activated logging on their reception. They have asked me to call with exact times so they can see if there are any transmission anomalies. So I'll play a little longer.

• 24. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    ssaylor

• 25. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    jamielogical

This isn't unique to NBC broadcasts. I'm watching my recording of tonight's Nascar race, which was broadcast on ESPN and it's doing this quite a bit. Looks exactly like the example videos posted below. I've had this problem in the past as well, thought I don't remember all the channels it has happened on. I know for sure it HAS happened on NBC for me, as I remember one episode of America's Got Talent was completely unwatchable due to this same issue.

• 26. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    jamielogical

I lied. Apparently, despite the ESPN logo all over the screen, tonight's race was actually broadcast on ABC. Still not NBC though.

PS: I have an HR34/700.

• 27. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    ssaylor

There are reports if this occurring on ABC, CBS and NBC in isolated market areas. Let's just say local channel feeds. There is a problem with the way DirecTV receives local signals. Apparently, our local channel's here in Tucson are transmitted to LA and rebroadcast to us in AZ. ***?

Well, I did the last thing I could do to try & resolve this - I had a HR44 installed. Will report back.

• 28. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    litzdog911

You might be having a totally different issue. Best to start your own new thread with more information about your equipment and any troubleshooting you've tried so far.  Be sure to check your satellite signal readings, too.

• 29. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    ssaylor

Well, make a liar out of me! I stand corrected.

Service was out last week and replaced my HR34 with a HR44 and I have not seen ANY pixelation/freeze issues with the recordings on NBC or any other channel. On the other hand, I did pick up a 1 sec. blackout (with sound continuing normally) on CBS today which is a separate issue.

So, folks, here's another nail in the HR34's coffin. It takes an act of congress (in short supply these days) to get DTV to install a HR34 but open a case, keep on them and they'll do it.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next