6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2013 4:31 AM by dcd RSS

Lines at the top of the screen

alisonf

Just switched TVs in the bedroom which has a Genie-mini receiver - it's an older TV - Toshiba 24AF46. All went well, however there is

a band of white lines at the top of the screen that appear to be left after the info bar closes. (The lines are NOT there while the bar is up.)

I'm pretty sure this is a setting issue - but I'm at a loss as I've been unable to to resolve this myself. any suggestions are much appreciated! Thanks in advance

• Re: Lines at the top of the screen
    peds48

The "pixelation" at the top of the screen is possibly not pixelation at all. Is it a line of noise that looks like it might be composed of dots and dashes? If so it's the closed caption data in the interscan between frames (which exists only on the SD channels) , and it is visible because your plasma is set to zero overscan (don't know what it is called on your TV).  Look for a setting that is about 5% overscan and that should get rid of it.

• Re: Lines at the top of the screen
    peds48

No, you misunderstood my comment.  that is the CC information.  the only way to get rid of this is to set the TV to some over scan.  in some TV this is known as 16x9, normal or wide setting