22 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2014 12:32 PM by litzdog911 RSS

No satellite signal (771)

kwojo26

My receiver has been searching for satellite signal for days, I have reset it a few times from the box and I have also refreshed it through the website. I have no idea what else to do. I refuse to call customer service on my day off from being a call center employee for another company, please help!

• Re: No satellite signal (771)
    dragon83

hey, What type of box do you have....can you please provide the receiver model located behind the flip down door on the front right button side of the receiver....and how many receivers you have and how many are affected?

J K

I'm having the same issues - what was the solution to this did you have to wait on a technician?

dcd

The original poster in this thread had a misaligned dish and was reluctant to schedule a tech to correct the issue.  You'd be well served to begin  your own fresh thread and describe your problem in detail.

gcom

double check switch settings in satellite setup. verify good signal on all sats

theisonews

i get the same 771,   but it comes and goes.  i check the signal level,  sometimes transponder 6 tuner 3 goes to 0.  any suggested?

litzdog911

Best to start your own new thread.  Post back your signal readings using the template below.  And let us know what model(s) Receivers/DVRs you have, and what type of satellite dish.

Please post back with your signal readings for each satellite's transponders (and both tuners if applicable).  You'll find these readings under "Menu" -> "Setup" -> "System Setup" -> Satellite -> "View Signal Strength".  Note the "+" and "-" symbols next to the "Satellite" and "Tuner" entries where you can toggle the readings between the various satellites and both DVR tuners.

Fill in your readings for each satellite and tuner using these examples.  A properly aligned dish will show 80-90s on most of the relevant transponders (although some will be low or zero):

Satellite transponders (32 total at 101º)

[Most of your standard definition channels are beamed from 101ºW]

1-8    x   x   x   x   x   x   x   x

9-16   x   x   x   x   x   x   x   x

17-24  x   x   x   x   x   x   x   x

25-32  x   x   x   x   x   x   x   x

Satellite transponders (3 total at 110º)

[Not present with Slimline3 dish. No channels are currently beamed from this satellite]

1-8    NA  NA  NA  NA  NA  NA  NA  x

9-16   NA  x   NA  x   NA  NA  NA  NA

Satellite transponders (11 total at 119º)

[Not present with Slimline 3 dish. Local SD channels for some cities, Spanish package]

17-24  NA  NA  NA  NA  NA  x   x   x

25-32  x   x   x   x   x   x   x   x

Satellite transponders (16 total at 99º(s)) [or 99º(b)]

[Local HD channels for some cities]

1-8    x   x   x   x   x   x   NA  NA

9-16   NA  NA  NA  NA  NA  NA  x   x

[Note: these can be very slow to appear]

Satellite transponders (14 total at 99º(c)) [or 99º(a)]

[National HD channels]

9-16   x   x   x   x   x   x   NA  NA

[Note, these can be very slow to appear]

Satellite transponders (16 total at 103º(s)) [or 103º(a)]

[Local HD channels for some cities]

1-8    x   x   x   x   x   x   NA  NA

9-16   NA  NA  NA  NA  NA  NA  x   x

[Note, these can be very slow to appear]

Satellite transponders (16 total at 103º(ca))

[National HD channels beamed from D12 satellite]

1-8    NA  NA  NA  NA  NA  NA  NA  NA

9-16   x   x   x   x   x   x   x   x

Satellite transponders (14 total at 103º(cb)) [or 103º(b)]

[National HD channels beamed from D10 satellite]

9-16   x   x   x   x   x   x   NA  NA

17-24  NA  NA  NA  NA  NA  NA  NA  NA

Satellite transponders (9 total at SWM)

[You'll only see this if you have a Single Wire Multiswitch (SWM) dish]

9-16   x   NA  NA  NA  NA  NA  NA  NA

shelly1954

Hi can anyone help me?

I was switching my DTV boxes because I have a grandson coming to visit.  I switched the HD  box to the downstairs TV. After words I got a 771 error, on the D12/500 box that used a SWM box. What can I do to fix this? I already have a tech coming out tomorrow to take a look at the HD box which has a 775 error code.

(Main box: DTV HD), all the rest are (DTV: D12-500).

texasbrit

You probably moved the SWM Power Inserter along with the receiver. The power inserter MUST be connected to the power passing port of your splitter (the red port). By moving the PI, you are no longer supplying power to the dish. Move the PI back to its original location and the problems will go away.

litzdog911

You're responding to a pretty old thread, shelly1954.  Best to start your own new post. Include more details about exactly what is (or was) connected where.  "771" errors usually refer to satellite reception problems, while "775" refers to an issue with the SWM power supply.  When swapping boxes, it's very important to watch for things like "stop band filters", the SWM power supply, and which coax splitter port feeds what device (for example, the SWM power supply must connect to a "power passing port" on the splitter).