2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 9:42 AM by kdanieli RSS

How long does it normally take for a Record Series to go from DirecTV.com to the DVR?

kdanieli

When you use directv.com on a computer (not a mobile device) and go to a TV series, and Record Series, how long does it normally take for that TV series to show up in your HD DVR's Series Manager?

(please test one  on your own computer and DVR to see how long it takes...please check to see if the next episode shows up in the To Do list before the whole series shows up in the Series Manager).

Remote Control:

• Menu > Recordings > Manage Recordings > To Do List
  • Menu > Recordings > Manage Recordings > Series Manager

Thanks.

• Re: How long does it normally take for a Record Series to go from DirecTV.com to the DVR?
    dcd

Per your request, I went to the Guide on the website from my computer and selected "Days of Our Lives" and set it us as a series record.  It immediately began recording today's episode on the Genie, but after ten minutes or so it does not show up in either the To Do list for tomorrow or under the series manager.  Not sure if this is a malfunction or a "be patient" situation, but I'll look tomorrow and see if it fills in.

• Re: How long does it normally take for a Record Series to go from DirecTV.com to the DVR?
      kdanieli

Thank you for doing that @dcd and reporting on it.

I just did approximately the same thing, but not for a show that's on TV at the moment.  I picked a show coming up in an hour using the Guide on DirecTV.com.    I recorded Series.

Nearly immediately when I checked the Guide on my TV screen (HD DVR), I saw the Series Record (Triple-R) symbol.

So what we've learned is that when it's working, it can happen right away....but may take time in other cases (we'll have to see how it turned out for @dcd  for whom it wasn't instant to see the show under Series manager.)  Note that I don't have a Genie.

(The reason I asked is due to another issue I had been having after DirecTV replaced my DVR.  For a week after the replacement, using DirecTV.com was exhibiting strange, changing, and incomplete behavior in sending record series requests to the DVR.  Documented in a separate thread about that DVR thread.  It's working better now but it took not "a day" or "a day or two" to resolve...instead it took more than a week.  I don't have any feedback from DirecTV Support telling me that they forced any changes that were successful.  Instead, my take on the case is that "being patient" in this context means wait at least a week for things to clear up.

Cross-referenced here: http://forums.directv.com/thread/11212458  )

Thank you.