3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2013 7:10 PM by peds48 RSS

Maybe this is nothing, but....

cheezit01

I upgraded from a plain HD box to an HD DVR.  It was installed this morning.  The one thing I've noticed is that with the plain HD box, when I changed the channel, it would tune the new channel in immediately.  But with this DVR box, it lags for around 5 to 7 seconds before it tunes in the channel.  Is this normal?  Or something that will fix itself after it's been connected for 24 hours? 

• Re: Maybe this is nothing, but....
    peds48

There are a lot of background task to be done once a receiver is activated for the first time. give it a day or two see if it improves.

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

• Re: Maybe this is nothing, but....
      cheezit01

Thanks.  I'll give it a day or two and see how it goes.

Maybe I was expecting too much, primarily because the tech said that it would take around 24 hours for the on demand and pay per view to be loaded or show up.  (Can't really remember the terminology he used, but the gist of it was that it wouldn't be fully operational for 24 hours.)  However, 6 hours later, on demand and ppv are all there and operational.  I even watched an on demand tv program.  Having said that, maybe it isn't *all* there yet.  Time will tell.