25 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2014 6:06 AM by crmatson RSS

Can't login to mobile apps

kslebrun

I cannot login to any directv related mobile apps, such as the DirecTV app, Sunday NFL ticket app, and the HBO GO app.  I have a Directv.com email and password and I can login to Directv.com just fine.  But using the same email and password I am unable to login and it gives me a message that says "Invalid user ID-email and password combination.  I have tried deleting the app and downloading it again, but that did not work.  What do I need to do to login?  Thanks for you help.

• Re: Can't login to mobile apps
    dcd

I suspect that your profile did not make it's way to the App server.  Give it a few days after you open your account.  If it's been long enough go to www.directv.com and open your profile there is a spot to change your password.  If you change it and wait a day, then you can change it back if you like.  What that does is force the system to send a password update to all the various servers, or in effect refreshing your information.

sergioakaserg

I also am unable to login. I am able to log into the website just fine. I tried changing my email and password. It's been over 5 days. The only change that happened was that I had to swap out my android phone for a warranty issue. It's the exact same phone as the old one were I used the directv app just fine and very frequently. This only affects my mobile app and other 3rd parties like Nicelodeon, HBO GO, Showtime ect.

peds48

Have your equipment been installed and activated?

kslebrun

The equipment was installed and activated about 2 weeks ago.

kslebrun

The equipment was installed and activated about 2 weeks ago.

towanda1

Also having login issues with mobile apps (iphone, ipad, and android tablet). Invalid username/password. If you can't get past the log on then nothing else matters, equipment installed not installed, you could have 10 receivers it won't matter. Been a customer since 2010. Tried changing password, deleting app and reinstalling, all a wast of time. I can log on via PC no problem. Tech support says their "world class team" is working on the issue with no eta. So as far as I'm concerned the "watch anywhere" campaign is false advertising. It has never worked for me.

dlr

I cannot log in to any mobile apps, either.  Have been a customer since 2000.  HBO Go and Genie Go all stopped working.  I keep getting an AR/2001 error message.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled these apps, and still the same issue.  They worked a month ago.  I feel like a fool, paying money for Genie Go, and now it doesn't even work!  And I pay for service each month, as well.

peds48

See the answers in your thread here

http://forums.directv.com/thread/11254150

dlr

I have changed my password, reset my tablet to factory apps, all to no avail.  Just tried HBO Go on my computer, and that doesn't work either, not under my new password or my old password.  This is really getting irritating.  Directv has gone from being the most technologically advanced to charging premium prices for basic service.  No HBO Go, no GenieGo, what a mess!!  I must have spent all day trying to get my tablet back up to speed, and it still doesn't work.  I thought, well, at least my computer works.  Nope.  I know I can play Amazon video on my tablet, so I guess I will go there.  Directv, your days are numbered!

patriciap

I Really don't think DTV is to blame for most.  They are helpful if you call and tell you what they can do.

i Found that our TV, Internet service (phone) has a lot to do with problems.   I like DTV and they are not to blame for everything...try other avenues?

dlr

Definately direct tv.  I pay them for Hbo.  I dont contract separately with Hbo.

Sent from Samsung tablet

dlr

Everything works!!!!  I got a call from Directv last night, saying they were able to log in to Directv, but couldn't log into any apps.  They said they escalated the problem.  I was sitting here, and just for heck, I tried to log into HBO go on my computer.  It finally worked!!  Then I picked up my Samsung Galaxy Note, and both HBO Go and GenieGo worked!  I am now downloading shows onto my Note that I can watch on the plane.

THANK YOU DIRECT TV!!!!!

dlr

You are correct—they were very helpful, but emailing was a better way to explain the problem.  I am very pleased, because not only did they make sure my log-in worked on the Directv site, but they tried the apps, and found they got the same error message I got.  They were kind enough to call last night and explain they couldn’t fix the problem, but had escalated it.  Well, I was just fooling around this afternoon, and decided to try it, and it all works!!  As with all technology, when it works, it is wonderful.  Although it was irritating, I have to remember that when we have terrible storms, my Directv is out for an hour or so.  My neighbors cable is out for 4 days.  I have been a customer since 2000, and do not see a possibility of ever changing providers, even though I get frustrated sometimes.

patriciap

So glad you got results.   It's frustrating I know but I am sure a lot of technicians are too when they can't solve problems.

we have been customers for a long time also and we still stay with DTV.  We have been helped more than not.

ericabright

I have this same issue!  Not only can I not access any app that asks for my directv information.  I also cannot access episodes from cable websites that require the directv login to verify that you are a cable customer!  I can go to directv.com and login just fine with my username and password and I can see and pay my bill (I guess that's the most important part, right?)  However, if I go to Watch DirecTV and try to access a show or click record series, it pops up the login box for my username and password again (even though I'm already logged in - clearly shown in upper right) and I enter the username and password again here and it just takes me back to the main screen of directv.com that shows your current balance and bill info, etc.  The show doesn't get scheduled, nothing happens. 

I've tried everything!  I've called support, emailed support, emailed and called the office of the president, changed email addresses, changed passwords, deleted the app, redownloaded the app, tried another phone, tried it on iPad.  This is definitely a problem on DirecTV's end yet none of the support can help me!  I need to get this resolved!

pschatzow

I also have the same issue.  Sent an email to directv and no response.  My reference # is 140112-008797 if anyone from directv can help.  Tried everything.  Switched from cable to directv on this past saturday so it has only been 3 days.  Hopefully someone can help.

crmatson

Same issue just started for me.  Had DirecTV for over 1 year and suddenly cannot log onto Android tablet app on Nexus 10.

wewilly

Thanks works fine now