4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2013 10:23 AM by dcd RSS

logging in

dlr

I cannot log into Genie Go.  It worked fine a month or so ago, but this morning, getting ready to go on vacation, I found I cannot log in.  I keep getting an Incorrect Email/Password Combination (AR/2001).  I paid for the Genie Go box, and have HBO, but neither app works!  I have been a customer of Direct TV since 2000, but they do not seem to be able to keep up with technology!  I want to download my shows to watch on the plane.  I really hate having to burn them to DVD then transfer them to my tablet.  Come on, Direct TV!  You have to be able to adjust to the way people watch tv these days, or you will go the way of the horse and buggy.  Amazon lets me download free movies to watch on the plane.  I am really irritated with this technology.

• Re: logging in
    peds48

try resetting your password at DirecTV.com

dlr

Should have mentioned—already read all the threads, and did reset my password before I posted.  New password doesn’t work either.  Also did a factory reset on my tablet, and went from level 305 to 1 on Candy Crush (oh well, needed to quit anyway).  Didn't help.  Neither of my tablets will bring up HBO Go or Genie Go.  I will not buy an ipad in order to watch Directv--but I may switch to cable!

dlr

EVERYTHING WORKS!!!!

I apologize for dissing Directv.  They were wonderful.  They still couldn't fix it immediately, but they told me they were working on it, and actually experienced the same issue (could log into the Directv site, but not Directv apps).

It is frustrating when technology doesn't work, especially when you have a little knowledge, and still can't figure out how to make it work.  DIRECT TV WAS TERRIFIC!!!!

I am downloading 48 30 minute shows I have not had a chance to watch.  My Android Tablet is having no issues.  THANK YOU DIRECT TV!!

dcd

Good for you for getting everything working and a special good for you for posting your positive results.  Enjoy your trip.