7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2013 10:14 AM by steelwins@ameritech.net RSS

software

steelwins@ameritech.net

model R15 wont load software. Stuck on0% complete. cannott watch tv. tried everything.

• Re: software
    litzdog911

Need more info ...

Did this R15 work previously?

Has anything changed with your equipment or setup?

Do you have other Receivers/DVRs?  Are they working normally?

What type of satellite dish do you have?

Have you tried resetting the R15 (red button behind front panel access card door)?

dcd

Some of the R15 models don't have the software in the stream.  See link.

DirecTV Firmware Watcher

steelwins@ameritech.net

-yes this receiver worked and is working other than downloading software. It never goes past 0% then will time out after 60 minutes. Then I am able to view the channels just fine till the pop up wants to load software again. If I don't say no fast enough it will try to load and just sits at 0% then fails. this will try 3 times before allowing me to view the channels again, about 60 minutes. This has been going on for about 3 weeks now.

-I do have another receiver that we watch just fine with no issues. Located in another room.

-I've tried resetting the red button, unplugging input power for 5 minutes and swapping cables.

-I have a model R15 MFR300

peds48

the DVR might be defective. 

Call DirecTV to request a replacement Receiver/DVR.  It's free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan, or within 90-days of installation.  Otherwise ~$20 for shipping.  Or ~$50 to have a tech come replace it for you.