17 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2014 4:05 PM by xaqattax RSS

iPad app 2.3.7 not working on iPad air.

bobsilver1

Since the update to v2.3.7 last month my ipad air directv app no longer works.  It just hangs updating the guide, dies not see my networked receivers and is completely useless. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no improvement. I tried rolling back to the older version before inclusion of GenieGo and that no longer works. Ironically the standalone Genie Go app worked fine after I reinstalled it. To make matters more strange the app works fine on my ipad mini. Both iPads use iOS 7.04.

• Re: iPad app 2.3.7 not working on iPad air.
    jbrogers

SAme issue here. iPad air latest software and the directv app just sits and searches for my receiver. Any answers Directv?

molex1998

I dealt with the same problem for months. I finally waged a war and got mine working.  I had the same exact symptoms and I continually did all the 'other suggestions' That did not work :

reset all equipment (sat recover, iPads, nexus pad, router,...)

uninstall, reinstall, and repeat...

nothing worked, until I started to look over my router/firewall logs.  I was seeing denies on port 8080 and with net bios and IRC, so I open up the ports and instantly I saw two of my iPads start loading my selected modules (live streaming, what's hot, currently watching,).

Bingo ! All working.  first time in a long time since the update that killed everything !

mohave

I have the same problem.  It's been working fine with my iPhone, iPod and until recently, the iPad1 (yes, I finally realized that the iPad1 was abandoned).  Thus, I purchased an iPad Air. However, I just can't seem to get it working. This is with an HR20-700.  From the iPad, I can ping the receiver and even browse to port 8080 on the receiver, but the app just won't find it.

mohave

Finally!!! After re-installing the app for the 5th time, it started working!!!

jbrogers

I Really wish that would work for me! I feel like I've done it 100 times with no luck. The app clearly has bugs they are not willing to fix. Uninstalling and reinstalling an app are not home network issues as some have suggested. This is so frustrating.

xaqattax

I switched out my Netgear WNR3500L for an older Linksys WRT150N and started having the same issue with not finding receivers from the iPad app. I installed dd-wrt firmware on the Linksys and verified network settings and again had the same issue. I also went online and verified all of the equipment. I finally deleted the app, rebooted the iPad and then reinstalled the app and it works great now. I can't really say why this worked but this was all over the course of a few days.

dcd

xaqattax wrote:

I finally deleted the app, rebooted the iPad and then reinstalled the app and it works great now. I can't really say why this worked but this was all over the course of a few days.

When you change out routers or make other changes to the system, the iPad  (or Phone) remains configured for the old setup.  The delete/reset/reinstall allows the iPad to be configured to match your new setup.  Note that this was covered on Jan 4 but apparently a lot of folks didn't read the post.