4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2014 9:16 AM by joed32 RSS

Directv refuses to replace my pixilation machine (HR34)

gort

Like so many others, my HR34 has had ongoing pixilation problems on recordings. This has gone on since last spring on two different machines. The first HR34 had a bad hard drive, but the second has passed all tests, even by a technician. From the other posts, I came to realize that the only solution is to upgrade to an HR44.

During the last two weeks, I have called DTV several times and have spoken to four supervisors. Three of them said there is nothing they can do to get me an HR44. The other one said she is having the same problem with her machine and said she would have an HR44 sent to me immediately. I thought my problems were finally over, but the new machine turned out to be another HR34!

I called back and was told there is no way to request an HR44. There protocol is to always send out an HR34 unless they don't have any in stock.

Usually the pixilation has been a few times a week on NBC, but recently things have been getting worse. It now happens almost every day on other local channels and even on some cable channels. (My HR21 never has an issue.)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get DTV to replace my defective machine with one that actually works?