4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2014 6:59 AM by peds48 RSS

Multiroom viewing flakey with broadband connected

bynumjl

I have had an HR34 / HR20 / C31 multiroom setup for about 13 months now, and until recently had never had a problem.  My setup is thus:

HR34 connected coax only to 4 port green label switch

HR20 connected coax with deca to 2 port green label switch fed from 4 port green label switch

PI connected coax only to 4 port green label switch power port

C31 connected coax to 2 port green label switch, fed from 4 port green label switch

broadband cck connected to 2 port green label switch fed from 4 port green label switch

My home network, prior to December 18, 2013, consisted of Netgear DGN2200 router and Netgear 5 port 10/100/1000 switch physically located at my home entertainment center.  The broadband cck was connected to the 5 port switch.  With this setup, I NEVER had a problem.

On December 18, I replaced the 5 port 10/100/1000 switch with a Netgear WNDR4300.  I have disabled the router function of this device, and am using it solely as a network switch and wireless access point.  

Now, with broadband cck connected, I have periodic random freezes (and sometimes all out failures) of multi room viewing.

The only DHCP server (verified) is the DGN2200.  And I have verified that I don't have ANY duplicate IP addresses on my network.  In fact to ensure this, I have also setup with all static IP addresses, and it makes no difference.

The only thing I can think of is this.  If another device on my home network is also trying to create an APIPA network, can this cause interference with the deca network and the APIPA network that it creates?

Otherwise, since my router has not changed, I don't have a clue what is wrong.

As long as I leave my broadband cck disconnected, I don't have any problems with mrv.

Thanks for any assistance.