19 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2014 11:03 PM by litzdog911 RSS

Remote Problems

mikey83

The genie remote worked when directv installed it. Well it stop working I've tried leaving the batteries out. It's hooked up to a Sanyo 47 inch tv everything high defintion, I also have a playstation 3 hooked up. Well I got tired of trying that remote so I went and bought the orginal remote from Walmart. Well that remote didn't work either. Well I thought I had to buy a different kind of universal remote so I bought one Thursday a RCA compatible with directv boxes. Well that remote didn't do the job either. Im getting tired of changing the channel from the box. Need Help.

• Re: Remote Problems
    carl6

What model DirecTV receiver/DVR do you have, and what model is the remote device itself? On the remote control itself, look at the top left part of the remote - it should have a number something like RC71 or RC65RBX, etc.  On the receiver, there should be a small access door on the lower right front of the unit. Inside that it will tell you the model number.

With that information, we will be able to offer specific suggestions to help solve your problem.

carolinablutec

Will the Sanyo remote control any functions on your TV? Will the DTV remote control any functions on the Genie? What is the number of your DTV remote?

mikey83

Four remotes and still nothing on the HR23-700 receiver

alpagano

remote rc71 is a junk. I have had over 12 restarts over phones and service techs, and 8 service calls to my house in 2 months with direct TV. started on April 2014, mini genie is not working.. the answer they give me is to keep resetting the remote control, wow what a piece of junk. now I spend all my time programming Direct TV remote, I have no time to enjoy TV, maybe Dish is the real answer.

I was told a supervisor was coming on last service call,,,only a tech showed up. he just reset everything and did not replace any equipment.

I need to charge direct for being their Ginny pig.

litzdog911

I'm not a fan of the RC71 remote, alpagano, but it sounds like your problem might lie elsewhere.  You can always an older RC6x remote if you think the RC71 remote is the root of your issues.   Might be best to start your own new thread and post more details about your equipment (model numbers, etc), and exact symptoms you're experiencing.   For example, is it just the mini genie that's having issues, or other boxes, too?