Step One - Check the sensors and settings:
- Ensure nothing's blocking the sensor and emitter on the receiver and remote. See the receiver and remote images in the for sensor and emitter locations.
- Wipe the receiver's sensor and remote emitter with a soft, lint-free cloth to clean it. If the TV doesn't have a receiver in this room: It's running off the former MRR (Multi Room Receiver) system, which hasn't been sold for many years.
In the future, DIRECTV will have a receiver-less option that will run off of
- Ensure the remote's in satellite mode:
- For DIRECTV White Universal Remotes, slide the Mode switch to the DIRECTV position.
- Check IR/RF settings in the receiver.
- Verify the receiver and the remote are in the same mode, either IR or RF.
- Enable / disable RF Mode as needed.
- IR mode is the default setting for replacement receivers and remotes.
- The receiver and the remote must be in the same mode for the remote to operate the receiver.
- Disable RF mode if unsure.IR mode should be used more than likely
Step Two -Reset the Remote
- DIRECTV White Remotes only:
- Press and hold MUTE and SELECT buttons until green light above mode switch flashes twice.
- Enter 9-8-1 on keypad.
- Green light flashes 4 times. test remote
Reset the receiver.if still not working
Step Three - Verify the issue is with the remote, not the receiver.
- From the front panel of the receiver:
- Press POWER.
Change the channel.
If the receiver is working,
- No: Replace the remote control that's currently not working.
- Yes: Reprogram the 2nd working remote to the receiver that has the broken remote.
- Press MENU or GUIDE on the 2nd remote.
- If the receiver responds to the 2nd remote, replace the 1st remote control that's not working.
- Reprogam to sanyo tv slider tv mode mute select light flashes 2 times code 10154 test volume if working slide slider all the way left resolved if not receivers sensor most likely not working any more call for Enttled replacenment
- Press POWER.