4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2014 9:53 PM by benstroh RSS

Strange ringing sound in the TV

tank7878

Hello, this is going to sound strange, but my TV now makes a very noticeable ringing sound when I'm watching anything on Direct TV.  This sound doesn't occur when I watch a DVD or Netflix on the same TV.  It also doesn't occur when I watch on another TV and receiver in a different room.  Any thoughts?

• Re: Strange ringing sound in the TV
    benstroh

Are you running a DTV Cinema Connection kit by chance? If so, from time to time, I have to move the device around as it can cause interference  and makes a ringing/buzzing sound coming from my TV speakers themselves. As soon as I relocate the device, the sound goes away.

tank7878

No, I'm not actually.  However, my DVD player has been on the whole time and I just turned it off, since I was afraid maybe the heat from it was making the Direct TV box too hot......it's a bit better, but not totally gone.

dtvuser2013

How is the reciever connected to the tv

Hdmi, comopnent, composite maybee you have some lines crossed over

benstroh

I would also try relocating the DTV receiver. Keep moving things around, disconnect all cords and reconnect. If all else fails, your box may be fried and in need of replacement. Some off-brand TVs just make more noise than others, even when everything is powered off. I have an off-brand TV that makes a buzzing sound when off because it still draws power.