1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 102 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2014 12:26 PM by jjmcnelly Go to original post RSS
  • 90. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    rkkingme

I'm having this problem on my local PBS station out of Tulsa and on my local NBC station.  I've read multiple posts on this and it seems that replacing the HR-34-700 with the HR-44 fixes most customers problems. My fear is that if I have my receiver replaced, they will reset my 2 yr contract and I'll be stuck with them for another 2 years.  I don't plan on sticking with DTV after my contract is up.  After reading a blog on how DTV resets your contract if you have your equipment replaced, I'm not inclined to have it replaced. I didn't have this issue with Dish as far as I can remember.

• 91. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    theotherjim

DIRECTV and Dish are in merger talks, so if you were thinking of moving from one to the other it might not make a difference. I'd check on that contract reset provision, though.

• 92. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    litzdog911

Replacing a defective Receiver/DVR does not start a new 2-yr commitment.

• 93. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    captlarryo

I've tried getting the HR34-700 swapped out for the HR44 with no luck from customer service.  DTV will not just send one out.  If you have the protection plan, call and schedule a service call.  I did and the technician that came out was way to familiar with this problem.  He had a HR44 on the truck and replaced the HR34.  To this day I have not had the issue with NBC recordings.  BTW, when if they swap equipment under the protection plan, it does NOT extend your contract.

• 94. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    rkkingme

Thanks for all the quick responses.

• 95. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    peds48

even if there is no protection plan, a replacement receiver never caries a commitment

• 96. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    jjmcnelly

Ok, I have a h34/700 DVR.  This is my second one with this issue.  It mostly happens to recordings taken at night.  for instance the tonight show.  It is impossible to watch these shows when it happens.  it  is  extremely frustrating.  What  is it going to take to get an h44?????  I am quite fed up with the issue.

• 97. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    jjmcnelly

Problem Report # 20140820-LFSM

• 98. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    litzdog911

As you'll see if you read this entire thread, the only surefire way to get an HR44 is to buy one from a dealer like Solid Signal.  Some folks have reported success by calling for a service visit because techs almost exclusively carry HR44's now.   It's certainly quite sad that this NBC pixelation issue has dragged on for so long. 

• 99. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    litzdog911

It occurs to me that your problem might be something different, though, since it's only happening at night.   You might want to start a new thread and provide more details about your other DirecTV equipment, including posting your satellite signal readings.   If you have other HD DVRs, do they also have this problem?

• 100. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    td-max

I'm in the same boat here.  Directv customer service is useless.  They have tried 2 follow up calls, but I was not in to take them. Not holding my breath though.

My plan is to get the unit replaced.  Unfortunately all recordings are lost.  Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

My debate is between Dish and Directv starting over as a new customer with the discounts.  We'll see how the price compares for Premier versus the Dish equivalent.

• 101. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    jjmcnelly

Yes, it is sad that this issue has carried on so long.  The issue has happened at other times of the day.  I just don't have any NBC shows earlier in the day right now.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

• 102. Re: Pixelation on local NBC Channel
    jjmcnelly

The h34 Is my only hddvr.  I have one mini genie.  Playback is the same with the NBC shows.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next