19 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2014 4:58 PM by vmh1205 RSS

New customer - Bad service already!

vmh1205

Me and my boyfriend decided to switch cable companies and went with Direct. An installer was here Wednesday morning. The dish had to be installed upon the roof of our apartment building. The installer said he needed a "sled" aka bracket for the dish and told my boyfriend it would be an additional $65 for this "sled". The installer left to get it and didn't even notify him that he was back. He spent a total of 4 hours installing the dish and setting up the cable in 2 rooms. The supervisor in this region was also here due to his drill dying on him. Friday I come home and our cable was not working. I called Direct and nothing worked. The lady said the next available opening wasn't until MONDAY!! When my boyfriend got home HE went onto the roof and noticed it fell over due to high winds the night before. The kicker here is that there was NO BRACKET. The dish was DRILLED to 2 cinder blocks! We called Direct again and were told we would get a phone call today from a supervisor at a local office. They called but when they wanted to come out here, no one was home.. My boyfriend told them either before noon or after 3:30. They said they would call back. Nothing. Finally get a call but due to him at work he could not talk, all he heard was money was put in our mailbox. I come home to find $60 bucks wrapped in notebook paper saying "Directv Any problems call Andrew" with a phone number. And still no cable.

I am so aggravated at this point where I want to just call and cancel my service and go back to my old cable company or a new one. Nice way to start off new service with only having it for a day and a half.. if that.

• Re: New customer - Bad service already!
    dtvuser2013

Sorry that happened but no one here reps directv.This is a user

To user tech forum.

Be sure they refund you that was

Totally dishonest for him to sell you a non pen mount and use

Two cinder blocks in its place

peds48

Wow, what a crock!

Make sure to send an email here

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIFnorail.jsp?assetId=P4960016

take pictures and document everything.  those guys should not be installing for DirecTV

wyounce

Yes that is very sad you had to receive this kind of service.  Has peds said take pictures and send to the link. I would also ask to have them make it right. You could also call that number for that person in the note daily and a few times a day till it's fixed. Or call DirecTv customer service and They will send out a new crew and make it right. Again sorry for you getting a bad tech and then them not making it right.

vmh1205

I've emailed them and I also called customer service which all they did was hang up on me. I called the number on the paper we got from installation which is for their Executive Offices. That was no help all they did was connect me to someone else. And once I got to them I tried to call but since the account is under my fiances name and not mine, I'm not authorized to do anything. Gonna try again tomorrow.

wyounce

How close do you live near Cincinnati, Ohio. If within 3 hours, I'll donate my time to make it right. 

dcd

vmh1205 wrote:

I've emailed them and I also called customer service which all they did was hang up on me.

Keep in mind that the folks you speak to on the phone or otherwise in this matter did not commit the error so try to be calm and thoughtful when discussing the situation.

wyounce

Well since the account is under your Fiances name they will not deal with you. Your Fiance can call and tell them to add you to the account. But till then He would have to be the one to complain to them. Sorry again.

Just hope you get them to fix it or out of your contract which ever you and your fiance choice from here on. I would not pay the bill for something you can't use.

speters0919

Create an online account, if you haven't already, and then add yourself as an authorized person on the account. Then you cn call Directv without your fiance. I had an issue with receiving wrong equipment and reporting it past the Diretv 15 day window and INSISTED I speak with a supervior's supervisor and was able to get it resolved. Be persistent and make sure you have several hours to spend. Document every person you talk to with the date and time and the # you call.

I'm so sorry to hear this! Just keep in mind also the CSR reps don't have very many resources besides sending in an FSR. I'd suggest some type of damage claim, atleast you'll get a resolution out of it.

jbusylady

Had appointment set for two days and for two days no show.  Even called and verified times with customer service.  Do I really want to start service with this.  I received a phone call at 1 the second day as the appointment was set for 8 to 12 and was then told they were over booked and was never going to show up.  Why not say something at 8am instead of ruining my two days waiting for them to show up.......

peds48

keep sensing emails to the  link I posted

speters0919

FYI, there are several different phone #'s for Directv (they go to

differrent call centers) I recently discovered. If you don't have this one

try it 1.800.372.0199 or 1-800-531-5000 or 1- 888-777-2454. all 3 are

different call centers which means different people and different

SUPERVISORS. Ask to talk to a supervisor right from the start and they

don't help ask for their supervisor, get everyone's name because I had a

supervisor there tell me they can not refuse to transfer you to a supervior

or their supervisor

On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 4:23 AM, jbusylady

Speaking to a supervisor won't resolve the issue of what happened. Unless all she is looking for is an "I'm sorry" apparently she was refunded already (in a very unprofessional manner).. but theres nothing else that could even be done. Supervisors at call centers don't have all the power in the world. They can't click a button and resolve your issue, or issue you a 300$ credit. It doesn't work like that.

wyounce

Hello vmh1205. When the tech out and told you about the blocks used and not the skid. Did he get your service back up and running or are you still without service ( watching TV).

mrtyler10

Sounds like a lot to deal with and a lot time not worth it cancel more to come past this

vmh1205

We got the money back for the poor service of installing the dish. Someone contacted my finance that they would be able to come out on a Saturday, but due to us both having to work, he told them that he would be available between such and such time and then told them I would be home after another time. They said they would call him back because the time they wanted to come no one would be home. He was never called back until he was already at work and was to busy to answer the phone. Basically they left the money in our mailbox with a note saying DirecTV if you need any help call this person at this number. I was furious. I called DirecTV and I spoke to a gentleman. Told him the situation and I was on hold. About 12-15 minutes went by, STILL on hold and then they hung up on me. I was even more ******. So I had a paper with a different number to deal with installation. Told my story again and frustration, they couldn't help. Transferred me and I was told I couldn't cancel because I wasn't on the account. Next day a lady called my fiance. He cancelled service and we didn't get charged a cancellation fee. That same day we got Dish installed. Meantime we still have the jacked up dish laying on our roof. They didn't even come out to get their **** equipment back. We sent the boxes back and they decided to charge us 154 because it wasn't sent back in a certain time frame. We eventually got that back and they are trying to claim we owe them about 35 bucks. Never again.