3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2014 8:00 AM by jennykeatty RSS

take box with me on weekends to the cabin?

johan55

Hello,

I have Direct TV in my permanent house.  If I install a dish on the roof of my cabin up north, can I bring my box with me on weekends and plug in there?

• Re: take box with me on weekends to the cabin?
    litzdog911

Yes.  

But it's a bit more complicated than that.  To make this is easy as possible, you want to have the exact same satellite dish at your cabin like the one at your house.  

dtvuser2013

What model reciever

Hi!

Just make sure that when you activate this receiver, the receiver that stays at your service address needs to be deactivated. It's against the law to have separate locations under one account active at the same time. As long as you alternate, you'll have no issues at all! I'd make sure the CSR labels your receiver "Cabin" that way they are easily readable when you call back to switch them around. Hope this helps!

Edit: I actually think I read your post wrong..! ((SORRY)) I saw where you said can you bring your box with you. I thought you had said an additional box. So if it's your only box, you would have no trouble and wouldn't have to call in, unless you wanted local channels :3. (I'm speaking legal wise, not technical wise)