There has been some issues reported that some DVRs lost the playlist when their firmware was update by DirecTV. Most of the time this is caused by a failing hard drive.
Run the Built in Self-test (BIST) to try and repair your hard drive. To run the hard drive checks, please follow these steps:
* Reboot DVR via red button inside card door.
* When you see "Running receiver self-check" press select
* You will see "Entering Diagnostics Mode..."
* Select Advanced Tests Menu -> Hard Drive utilities -> Short Smart test
You can also run the file test, and the DVR can sometimes repair a bad file report.
* If the other tests pass, run the surface test. Warning: This process could take several hours to complete. You may want to run it overnight.
The good news is that every attempt is made to save programming. This is less destructive than a reformat all and could provide you with a more stable system if you are having problems that appear to be related to the hard drive.
I have re-set my box twice today and still am having all kinds of problems with graphics and the guide missing data for 24 hour spans on some channels.
Note that is normal behavior. Any time you reset a receiver, you will loose some guide data, and doing it twice in a short period will almost completely flush it. Wanted you to know that portion of your "problem" is normal.