18 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2014 5:25 AM by bdelegan@gmail.com RSS

Movies will not fully download on PC

barryw

I installed the direct TV player  on my PC (Win 7 64 bit) and am having a recurring problem.

when I chose to watch a movie the download will get to 85 percent and just hang.

Twice I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the software and it will work a day are two and then the same thing will happen.

has anyone else had this problem and any idea what might be causing it?

Barry

• Re: Movies will not fully download on PC
    fragile

you might want to post this in the Directv2pc forum.

barryw

Its not the Directv2pc.Its the direct TV player for watching online.

Barry

dberk

I have the exact same issue. Also running Win 7, 64 bit. Buffers til 85% and sits there.

Using Firefox 17.0.1

seasick

I have the same problem. I have ensured used of compatibility mode in IE9, reinstalled the viewer, empied the cashe etc. Nothing appears to work, including technical support from Directtv. I suspect that there may be a copatibilityp problem with IE9

fragile

Copied this from the compatibility page:

Computer:
    A PC running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, with any of the following web browsers:

• Firefox 3.5 or above
    • Internet Explorer 8 or above (32-bit).
      Please note:DIRECTV video streaming does not work on any 64-bit version of Internet Explorer.
    • Safari 4 or above
    • Please note:Chrome is currently not fully supported. We recommend using one of the other browsers.

So you can't use it on any 64 bit Internet Explorer. You will have to use the 32 bit version.

According to this, Firefox should work.

szqnva

I realize this is an old post, but I can't seem to find an answer to my problem.  I am having the same issue as above, except I am running Mac OS X 10.8.5.  It tells me that the player is installed, even though I can't seem to find it.  And the movie begins loading, but as soon as it hits 85%, it freezes.  Every time.  Surely someone has figured out the solution to this problem.

a.smelko@comcast.net

I have the same issue with incomplete loading of videos.  It stops at 85% and freezes.  funny thing is that it works fine for days or weeks, then stubbornly will freeze at 85% loading for a day or two or three. i find that repeated tries of reloading the video will sometimes correct the issue, but for now the users are at the mercy of the loading wizard.  please directv fix this as it appears to be a chronic and ongoing problem. i would expect you to have this diagnosed and corrected by now; this is your forum after all.  don't we have any directv professionals surveying these forums and fixing problems?  step up directv, where you at?

peds48

a.smelko@comcast.net wrote:

don't we have any directv professionals surveying these forums and fixing problems?  step up directv, where you at?

DirecTV does not monitor these forums.  Best to e-mail your feedback as they won't see it here.

dcd

On my PC, the stopping at 85% was due to the latest player not being installed.  There was a pop up message offering the latest update and I selected download, closed the browser and installed the new player.  Viola, the same program (HBO) that was stopping at the 85% level now plays just fine.

If you do not see the pop up on the Directv website perhaps you have a pop up blocker running on your browser that is preventing it.

bdelegan@gmail.com

I had this same problem. Chrome and Firefox, most recent versions, did not work for me. Loading would hang at 85. I have the most recent version of everything. IE9 does work for me.