24 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2014 7:13 PM by lwheeler RSS

Error 22 and wifi SSID prompt

lwheeler

I get error 22 when I try to connect to the internet. This used to work fine on my HR22 and HR34 receivers. It won't prompt me to connect to my wifi again so I can enter my SSID. My SSID is not hidden at this time. I disconnect the DECA on the HR22 and reconnect it and still no prompt. I tried entering a static IP and it still won't connect to the internet. I tried resetting the router and the receiver.

Do you have any ideas to try?

• Re: Error 22 and wifi SSID prompt
    peds48

How are you connecting your DirecTV® receivers to the internet?

lwheeler

The HR22 is connected using the DECA and the HR34, I think, is using the CCK. I say I think on the HR34 because the CCK is located at the HR22 location but I think that is just because the WIFI is near the HR22.

To test I disconnected the CAT5 going from the DECA to the HR22 and connected it from the HR22 to the CCK. I can now connect the HR22 to the internet. I guess that mean the DECA is bad? If the CCK is working on the HR22 then why won't it work with the HR34?

peds48

how is the CCK-W connected to the HR22.  There should be no ethernet cable going from the CCK-W to the HR22

The coax coming form the SWM splitter goes to the CCK-W 'towards LNB" port then a coax jumper goes from the HR22 DECA to the CCK-W "towards receiver" port

DECA connects via ethernet to the HR22

peds48

the CCK-W connects both receivers via the coax network but it MUST be connected properly

The coax coming form the SWM splitter goes to the CCK-W 'towards LNB" port then a coax jumper goes from the HR22 DECA to the CCK-W "towards receiver" port

peds48

If you want the HR34 to connect to the internet, it has to connect as I mentioned earlier

lwheeler

Ok I connected it back and it never sees the router. If I ignore the CCK

connected to the HR34 for now can I get the HR22 working by itself?

The DECA LNB connection is going to the SWIM. The set receiver connection

is going to my receiver. The ethernet cable out of the DCEA is plugged into

the receiver.

peds48

lwheeler

I don't see where you say that the coax connects to the hr 22.

peds48

from my post above

"then a coax jumper goes from the HR22 DECA to the CCK-W "towards receiver" port"

84686f6173205479

I think this is what peds48 is referring to:

SWM coax splitter--->Coax Cable--->CCK-W

CCK-W--->Coax Cable--->DECA

DECA--->Coax Cable--->HR22 (Satellite IN)

DECA--->RJ-45 Ethernet Cable--->HR22

lwheeler

Thanks. Where does the HR 34 come into play? The CCK-W is connected to the

splitter and the DECA is also but the CCK-W doesn't appear to connect to

anything else other than the splitter.

On Jul 11, 2014 8:30 AM, "84686f6173205479" <

84686f6173205479

It depends on how the technician made the setup. HR34 may come directly connected from coax splitter or from coax splitter to SWM power inserter to HR34.

peds48

The HR34 does NOT come into place at any time.  The Genie will get the internet from the coax as long as everything is connected properly

dcd

It appears you have a basic lack of understand as to how the Whole Home and Internet connection works.  Here's a quick primer, and note that it must be connected this way.

When whole Home is activated on a system, the SWM creates a ninth "channel" in the coax to be used to carry the streaming of programming plus the Internet connection to each receiver or DVR.  The HR34 has the ability to read the 9th channel via coax.  The HR22 does not so you use the DECA module which reads the 9th channel and feeds it to the HR22 via Ethernet jumper.  In order to get the Internet feed into the system, you use the CCK.  It does not connect to any particular receiver but rather uses a coax connection.  If possible, you can remove the CCK from the system and replace it with an Ethernet cable directly from the router to the HR34 Ethernet port.

lwheeler

Ok thanks for the explanation.

I'm not sure where to go from here. If I connect the Ethernet cable from the CCK to the HR22 I can connect to the wifi. Otherwise I cannot. The CCK has the coax connected but the HR34 can't see the network for some reason. It also seems the DECA either can't connect to the wifi or the HR22 ignores it.

About a month ago I replaced my LNB and the coax splitter on the outside of the house because I was getting a 775 error. When I replaced the LNB it didn't fix the problem but the splitter did. I left the new LNB in place. I don't know if this was related to my new problem or not. I didn't change any wiring other than replacing those parts. I did disconnect two cut coaxes (the tech cut those years ago) which were outside and placed terminators on the splitter where the cut cables were connected.