8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2014 8:21 PM by dsil009033 RSS

9 tuner installation

mdh12

I have slimline dish, a swm SL3S LNB, a Directv 8-way Wide Band splitter, and a swm-16 multiswitch. I also have a R16-dvr receiver, a HR24 receiver and a HR34 Genie for a total of 9 tuners. Can I make this work or do I need additional equipment?

• Re: 9 tuner installation
    shannon01

You will need a standard LNB and 4 coaxes total to the SWM16 then you can connect the Genie to either one of the SWM ports then connect the SWM splitter to the other for the rest you can have only 8 tuners on each SWM port on the SWM16.

You would also need the 29v power inserter for the SWM16.

mdh12

When connected using the standard LNB, I assume I will not need the power inverter. Is that correct?

Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 17:22:25 -0700

To: m_aholmes@hotmail.com

Subject: Re:  - 9 tuner installation

DIRECTV Technical Forums

9 tuner installation

reply from shannon01 in Installers - View the full discussion

You will need a standard LNB and 4 coaxes total to the SMW16 then you can connect the Genie to either one of the SWM ports then connect the SWM splitter to the other for the rest you can have only 8 tuners on each SWM port on the SWM16.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on DIRECTV Technical Forums

Start a new discussion in Installers by email or at DIRECTV Technical Forums

Following 9 tuner installation in these streams:

Inbox

bufmufr

ok..so I don't understand..

You have swm3 lnb..but you also have swm16 multiswitch?  you either have one or other.

you have to have a ka/ku lnb..you need swm 16 multiswitch.....(9 tuners needs big switch)

if you have swm 16 multiswitch...you are good as long as tuners are balanced on it...(meaning no more then 8 tuners on one side of the multiswitch)

so..all the info you have given does not give enough info.  recommend tech come out and fix this stuff....

ps yes this is in Spanish.but since you are not making sense...why should I?

litzdog911

bufmufr, I think shannon01 made it pretty clear.   mdh12 will need to replace the SWM LNB with a standard non-SWM LNB with four coax outputs. Those four coax outputs will connect to the 4 SAT inputs on the SWM16.

pnorm

you need an SL3 or SL5 LNB, a SWiM LNB will not work on a SWiM 16 multiswitch as you need 4 lines coming off the LNB to connect to the multiswitch, However, everything after the multiswitch is SWiM, so, for instance, you wouldn't need 2 lines to each DVR.

dsil009033

Get rid of that r16 and swap with client. the client will do everything the r16 does and then some.

dsil009033

Or an h25 will keep u at 8 tuners and will nbe able to watch recorded shows on it. you just wont be able th record from that box.