5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2014 8:28 AM by architectbarb RSS

Can someone tell me if the following Genie whole home setup will work?  Thanks!

architectbarb

4 SCC RG6 cables from dish to SWM16 = 50 feet; 2 SCC RG6 cables to 4-way splitters = 50 feet; one CCS RG6 cable from splitter to Genie = 50 feet; one CCS RG6 cable to 2-tuner DVR = 100'; 1 CCS cable from Genie to wired Genie mini = 150 feet; 2 Genie wireless minis.  Thanks!  (I have a lot of concrete in this building and I need to minimize the number of cables between the SWM 16 and the splitters...)

• Re: Can someone tell me if the following Genie whole home setup will work?  Thanks!
    dcd

Why do you need the SWM16?  The Genie has 5 tuners and the HD DVR has 2.  The Minis use the tuners in the Genie so a standard SWM dish with a single feed to the Genie where you can install a single 4 way.  I'll let others comment on the distances involved.

• Re: Can someone tell me if the following Genie whole home setup will work?  Thanks!
      architectbarb

I want the SWM 16 because I expect to add more 2-tuner DVRs later (or I can add them now if that will allow me to get the SWM 16).  I am primarily concerned with the distances and cable types per the previous post:  4

SCC RG6 cables from dish to SWM16 = 50 feet; 2 SCC RG6 cables to 4-way

splitters = 50 feet; one cable from splitter to Genie = 50 feet; one cable to

2-tuner DVR = 100'; 1 cable from Genie to wired Genie mini = 100 feet; 2 Genie

wireless minis.  If anyone can tell me if this will work I'd really appreciate it!

To: barbarageisman@hotmail.com

Subject: Re:  - Can someone tell me if the following Genie whole home setup will work? Thanks!

Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 15:14:23 +0000

DIRECTV

Technical Forums

Can someone tell me if the following Genie whole home setup will work? Thanks!

reply from

dcd in DIRECTV System Installation/Set-Up -

View the full discussion

Why do you need the SWM16?  The Genie has 5 tuners and the HD DVR has 2.  The Minis use the tuners in the Genie so a standard SWM dish with a single feed to the Genie where you can install a single 4 way.  I'll let others comment on the distances involved.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or

go to the message on DIRECTV Technical Forums

Start a new discussion in DIRECTV System Installation/Set-Up by

email or at

DIRECTV Technical Forums

Following

Can someone tell me if the following Genie whole home setup will work? Thanks! in these streams: Inbox

shannon01

The SWM16 has 2 ports each has an 8 tuner limit and 150' is about the max for RG6 unless you use RG11 and the wireless minis need a WVB that is connected to the SWM system with coax and has a max range of 80' that is reduced by walls and other things that may block the signal. There is a three minis in use at a time limit and anyone watching live TV will reduce the number of tuners for recording.

architectbarb

Thank you ALL very much for your help!  Now I can do my wiring before I call DirecTV without drilling more holes in my 12" concrete floor.  I really appreciate it!

To: barbarageisman@hotmail.com

Subject: Re:  - Can someone tell me if the following Genie whole home setup will work? Thanks!

Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 23:06:23 +0000

DIRECTV

Technical Forums

Can someone tell me if the following Genie whole home setup will work? Thanks!

reply from

shannon01 in DIRECTV System Installation/Set-Up -

View the full discussion

The SWM16 has 2 ports each has an 8 tuner limit and 150' is about the max for RG6 unless you use RG11 and the wireless minis need a WVB that is connected to the SWM system with coax and has a max range of 80'

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or

go to the message on DIRECTV Technical Forums

Start a new discussion in DIRECTV System Installation/Set-Up by

email or at

DIRECTV Technical Forums

Following

Can someone tell me if the following Genie whole home setup will work? Thanks! in these streams: Inbox