2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2007 10:13 AM by raz_la RSS

(BBC) Module for Ka-Lo band up conversion

raz_la
I've been having a problem with my system whereas the picture will go away completely to a blank screen, but I still am receiving audio through my AV Receiver.

It appears that I have determined that there is a "short" in the connection of my (BBC) Module to my HD Receiver because, previously, when this would happen I would shake the connection until the picture returned.  I would then have to hope that no one would bump into the receiver and move it again.

This didn't work last night.  I removed the module from the line and connected my "line in" directly into my HD receiver, thinking that I would probably lose my HD channels.  The Technician indicated to me when he installed the system that this module was needed to receive HD signals.  Well, it looks like I am receiving my HD channels just fine without the module.

Question (finally):  Is the BBC Module really needed?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.