14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2013 6:01 PM by tivoburkee RSS

Need remote code for Element TV

cdmitch
Does anyone know the remote code for the Element TV?   I am able to change the channels, but cannot adjust volume or turn TV on/off.  Thanks in advance.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • Re: Need remote code for Element TV
    cdmitch
    Nevermind.. Found it.  It's 0178 for anyone who may be interested.                                                                                                                                                                                               
      cdmitch
      Well, that code doesn't work with my remote.  Any other suggestions?                                                                                                                                                                                           
        tivoburkee
        The only success people have had with element tvs are the Proview codes only found in the RC64 series of remotes.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
          cdmitch
          Thanks for your reply.  So does that mean I need to have a RC64 remote?  I'm thinking of upgrading to the HD-DVR anyway, so is that the remote that comes with the upgrade?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
            tivoburkee
            Yes, you would need a rc64 remote to even have access to the Proview codes.  

Recent hr20's and hr21 have come with rc64r RF remotes.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
              fs123
              They misprinted the code, its actually 10178. This works for my directv remote (one that comes with the basic hd box) and I can now control volume and power.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
                cdmitch
                Thanks so much for letting me know.  The code you gave me WORKS!   You're a lifesaver!  I was so tired of using 2 remotes.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                berlin
                Thanks for posting that, I really appreciate it......been doing the double remote thing & hatin' it.                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    carlholmgren

i have Remote RC65R and the code 10178 works to turn tv on or off BUT does not control volume for Element 40inch model ELDFW406. anyone know why? BTW Element manufacturers website is infected according to AVG with malware so be cautious about visiting it.

tivoburkee

with the code that partially controls the tv, to get the volume:

1. tv
    2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
    3. enter 9 9 3

4. press SELECT