5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2008 7:57 AM by blak59 RSS

Program Codes for LG LCD HD TV

rkerdman
Good Morning...can anyone provide me with the CODE for a
LG mdl# 32LC7D HD TV....I have a Directv H21 Receiver and Remote Control....The H21 does not have codes in the menu for any LG TV's..

Thank You                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • Re: Program Codes for LG LCD HD TV
    blak59
    I too had the same problem. I researched and found code 10178 works for me.  However, it will not change the volume nor turn off the TV when using the DIRECTV/TV Power on/off button.  I have been working for about 4 hours trying to get this to work.  I have a LG TV Model 42LB5D with a H20 receiver and a RC32 Directv remote control.

All of it worked together at one time but for some reason it no longer will work.  I have replaced 2 sets of new batteries.

My LG TV remote will not longer work to turn off the tv and have also replaced the batteries.

Let me know if you get your remote to work.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    scott4
    I have an LG 20LS7D HD TV.  The LG codes are on the web site.  Tech Support for Remotes page, or similar.  When I entered my remote model
    ( RC64) the code provided would not let me change channels, but other functions worked. I entered another model remote's code, 10178, and all functions worked.  Try all  of the remote model codes until you find one that works for your TV.  Good luck!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
      blak59
      Yes, 10178 did work for me some time ago but now no codes will work.  I have a service call scheduled for next week.  Best Buy states that it could be my remote sensor on my TV that went out.....I hope that is what the problem will be...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
        halleb2006
        Did you call Best Buy or LG to seek help?  I called LG and they were not very helpful.                                                                                                                                                                           
          blak59
          Yes, the service person stopped by yesterday.  Here is a little trick they showed me.  This may sound silly but it works.  They even said that they could have called me and had me to perform this over the phone without them stopping by to determine if it is the remote control or the TV Remote Sensor.  In my case, it is the TV remote sensor ( my TV is only 6 months old) which they will order and come back next week to replace.

Anyway, try this.  If you have a cell phone with a camera, aim your remotes (Both your LG and the Directv remotes) up to the cell phone and press any button as if you were going to take a picture of the remote up close.  If you see two white lights, like car headlights, that means the remotes are working and it will be within the TV sensor that has the problem.  
          Both of my remotes indicated the lights.  Also, my  Direct TV remote (RC32) does use the code 10178 because once a code is set on the DirectTV remote, when you press the buttons the DirectTv green light will light up and then switch over to the TV green light very quickly.  This indicates that your code is working.

Give this a try and you may find the problem is in your TV.  Let me know.