4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2008 8:43 AM by dcd RSS

Card Expired

jaybird28
I haven't used one of my receivers for a couple months and when I turned it on I got the following notice

Authorization has expired
Call Cust Service 722
Rid
Card

Why would a card expire and what do I need to do to get it fixed                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • Re: Card Expired
    litzdog911
    It's "expired" if DirecTV has deauthorized it.  You'll need to call them to reactivate it.                                                                                                                                                                                   
      jaybird28
      But why would they De-Autho the card??                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
        downset
        Anytime a reciever has not been used in a long time, it will lose it's authorizations.  They need to be resent.                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
          dcd
          As downset states, Directv sends reauthorizations via satellite to all of our cards on an ongoing basis.  In the case of an unpaid bill, they may lock a card.  A receiver that isn't connected to a dish and powered up can't receive the authorizations, thus it expired.  It's no big deal, call em and they'll fix you right up.