20 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2012 3:21 AM by ribak53 RSS

Rio Handheld

tlarseth

I was curious on if Directv is planning on sending up jobs via the rio before Midnight Central time?

My office covers a wide area, and I would like to know earlier than midnight on if I need to leave my house at 7am or 6am to get to the first job, some places my office covers is a 2 and a half hour drive from my house.

Before the Handheld we would recieve our jobs via fax at about 6-7pm the day before, this way I could route my job and see if I need to pick up equiptment from the warehouse or not in the morning.

• Re: Rio Handheld
    enterprise1701

that would be the best thing they could do since they give us those things. i have woke up a little late on a couple of occasions where i was late because of my first job being routed two hours away, which could have been prevented. and then if you wake up way to early your routed right down the road then you gotta wait to leave. ugh!!

tlarseth

I am not a morning person, but I would like to know before midnight on if I can sleep in until 7am or do I have to wake up at 4am to be at the first job.  Pickup days are not that bad since I pickup at the warehouse at 6:15am, but other days I work would be nice.  Plus the way Directv or the office which ever one it is, routes us makes us drive all over the place, and I liked it better when I can plan my day at least 12 hours in advanced this way I can route them to be less time on the road between jobs especially the first and last ones.

Another thing that would be nice would be to have us have a company e-mail like our tech number @directv.com that we can check our jobs on our computer so we can print the work orders and have them on paper form because sometimes I will be working in an area with no cell service.  If I see that I write all the customers info down that I need to put on the work orders so I don't have to call my local office and ask them for the info because I have no cell service with the handheld.

dan7178

Just go into

https://wls.rio.directv.com/wireless

on your computer in the morning and log in and print ypur jobs. Dont forget to open your line items too and print them as well. Than you will have everything on your clipbord.

dan7178

I Have three failsafes. If my handheld has no service. I log in with my cell phone, which I did today and activate recievers. Or if the customer has a wireless router or one of his naibors does. I'll log on with my laptop. you'd be suprised how many hotspots there are out there. If all else fails, I'll than resort to using the cusomers phone.

tlarseth

I have gotten a call about this, I was using my personal cell phone to activate because it had good signal and the handheld had no signal, and got a call from my local office because a change was made to the customers account without a Directv owner account accessing it.

Apparently the owner info in your handheld is submitted every time to do anything on the account, but I have only gotten called about it twice now and that was when I was activating recievers, so far acknowledging and being put en route doesn't submit that info to the account.

Also from my office we are not allowed to have laptops in our vehicles due to insurance liabilities, and they are starting to get to the point where they don't want us having personal cells in it either.

2hotphoenix

Im agree..im at the point now where I wake up every night at the same time usually 3 am to check my rio to see my route for that day.

wallfishman

our HSP sends us PDF Files of our jobs usaually around 7-8 pm. we print those out take them to work next day. we put the stickers from the boxes we install on the work order. when im done i scan my boss all my work orders in a PDF file. I have a nice folder on my computer with completed work orders from every job ive ever done. I have to guarantee my work for 90 days. If someone calls I can look them up , and can see whats going on, what i did there.

same thing here though stuff dont hit the handheld till midnight. doesnt matter to me though. I just have to acknowledge by 7 AM to stay out of trouble.

jessiefarland1971

I cant install the rio handheld program on my new laptop in has windows 7 internet explorer 9 and microsoft window 7.  The program worked on my old laptop but it wont on the new one any ideas why? Thank you.

pressureman0

ie 9

irishntn
    The Rio handheld program is not a installation pkg. Its just a website. I can access it with IE7 all the way up to IE9. The only web browsers that have known issues with the site are FireFox and Google Chrome. The fact that they use HTTP web settings to make sure that you are using a secure network.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    sean408

ya seeing ur jobs before 12am would be great but sups only have access to see jobs that earlythey know wht jobs ur gonna get at like 4 pm the day before since u all know they move jobs around just call ur sup the night before and ask him/her wht u got

craig354

Anyone else have trouble logging in on an iPhone 3Gs or iPhone 4? If so, what is your alternate solution?

Thanks!

peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by craig354 

Anyone else have trouble logging in on an iPhone 3Gs or iPhone 4? If so, what is your alternate solution?

Thanks!

download the free opera browser from the app store.  Works like a charm!

macpointman

RIO Handheld, whats A RIO Handheld?  MasTec apparently doesnt have enough of them and They charge us for them anyways.  I just use my android phone to activate and close workourders. Sometimes on BIG jobs I use my Netbook with my Android phone being a HOTSPOT.  Works like a charm.  I have had problems with IE9 being able to use the site so I just reverted back to IE8.  That's all I use IE for anyhow.  FIrefox is my regular Browser of choice anyways. 

awblackmon

Ok, I really want to know more about this RIO program.  I have been using IVR forever, and know there must be a better way.  I am a retailer installer.  Would this RIO program be available t me?  RIght now I just use the store cell or my own to call in and activate.  I am under the impression that RIO on a smart phone or my laptop could allow me to activate without calling IVR.  If this is true, I would like to know how to get access to RIO?  Thanks.

krazyrs

we use gatekeeper

https://gatekeeper.mastec.com/IM/

is a techpaperwork section for printing since using FISTT everything is paperless, i just keep WO+Stickers for Chaps and records for payment

i just looked up 4/2/12 jobs on it, grant it they might change since its 6am on 4/1/12

jessiefarland1971

you have to go to tools then click on compatibility view and enter the website and add it to the list. i was having the same problem and thats how u fix it.

Jessie

turing

how can i go to sign in  see your my route every morning i have a mastec hand held and i want to use my computer to see my route is not a reo or sebiel i log in into old version my adobe reader was not get to open there is a option to work but you have to subscribe. do you have any option or idea to open and to see my route?

dtvprettyboy
    I have a samsung galaxy tab that I cant get to work with rio. It keeps telling me that I have the incorrect login or password. I can log in on an iphone using opra and have even logged into a handheld.  Any ideas ?  Would be nice to use mu tablet                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    ribak53
    What free app are you talking about?  Can you give more info?