15 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2010 1:15 PM by testerx RSS

hr24

kurens

hi.how to connect hr24 to internet?i'm using ethernet cable to router but got error in connection(coax not connected)need to use deca?

• Re: hr24
    danieldv6
    Reset receiver ,and or,router...
    fatnlazy

Hope your not wanting MRV to work, it will no longer function once an Ethernet cable has been plugged in to the port on all H/HR24 series

chicagotech

I had same problem.Customer didnt order MRV, olso he didnt have land line only internet.I knew if I connect HR24 using ethernet cable it will disabele MRV in future but I needed responders(it was 6 box install) The problem is HR24 not getting connected to internet if you just connect it using ethernet cable no more. I ended up runing

another coax line with deca on it from swim swich to the costomer router.

I think D made software to prevent disabling build in deca for xx24 series if you connect it to internet using ethernet cable so you have network it using deca only.

chicagotech

you can also use 2 way swim switch at the receiver. 1 out for receiver ,2 for deca with 18w power supply connected to modem/router. It will network system.

chicagotech

!

bethlaf

chicago , thanks ! i hadnt thought of doing it that way.

storm97

I have similar setup, (NOT DTV approved, but for myself, it works)... Couldn't run dedicated line from router to SWiM splitter (finished my basement after installing, and TV and router are in same room), so have PI behind TV, "Power to SWiM" goes into power passing port of SWiM 2 way splitter, DECA goes into other port with it's own power supply(but not physically hooked to receiver in any way!), IN of 2 way splitter goes to wall plate (and subsequently, main SWiM splitter).  "Signal to IRD" goes right into HR24.  Ethernet from DECA goes into bottom ethernet port, and 25 foot ethernet jumper plugs into top port, and connects to router in the same room.  MRV and all internet apps work fine, even with 25ft jumper plugged into receiver, since I am still "injecting internet" via the 2 way split behind the TV.

testerx

There are no top and bottom Ethernet ports on an HR24, there's only one. With an HR20/21/22/23 you should have two DECAs, one for the IRD and one (with power supply) for the broadband connection to the router.

kurens
    Quote:    Originally Posted by sungam

There are no top and bottom Ethernet ports on an HR24, there's only one. With an HR20/21/22/23 you should have two DECAs, one for the IRD and one (with power supply) for the broadband connection to the router.

got the same like storm97.deca to hr23 on port1,25 foot cat5 from port2 to router and hr24 connected via swm splitter.internet app work fine on both of them.

roberte

Just wait until the customer complains that the HR23 is now even slower than before.  Using both ports puts unneeded load on the cpu.

texasbrit

I am not sure using both ports has any effect on the cpu. It's an ethernet pass thru and as far as I know is done completely in the chipset.

storm97

You are correct, HR23-700 for both in my setup... sorry for the mistype... was thinking instead of typing :)

I only need the one DECA behind living room TV, and it is not connected to the actual receiver... it is only putting the 'net into the main SWiM splitter.  The 25' jumper provides the 'net to that receiver. 

testerx
    Quote:    Originally Posted by texasbrit 

I am not sure using both ports has any effect on the cpu. It's an ethernet pass thru and as far as I know is done completely in the chipset.

That doesn't seem to be the general consensus around dbstalk though. Many there contend that they're just two separate Ethernet ports and that the CPU has to move the data between them. Unless the receivers contain a dedicated Ethernet switch chip, I suspect that they are correct.

texasbrit

I saw some of those posts also. They might be correct but if so it's a strange design decision.

testerx

Not necessarily strange... if the chipset had two Ethernet ports vs adding a separate, dedicated Ethernet switch chip.