6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2011 4:22 PM by cajazzman RSS

R22 DVR

cajazzman

Today, when I turned on the DVR R22, the reciver wouldn't turn on. The record light was lite but nothing else. So, I tried several times to do a red button reset, but even that nothing happens. The blue start up screen would appear but after a second or so, it would go blank screen. So, I then completely disconnected the power, for up to 30 mins and more. So, when I connected the power back on, the recorde light blinked a few times, but, still am unable to get even the blue start up screen. What else could I do, to try and power up this reciever?

• Re: R22 DVR
    litzdog911

It's dead.  Call DirecTV and request a replacement. It's free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan.  Otherwise ~$20 for shipping.  Or ~$50 to have a tech install one for you. 

cajazzman

Ok, so now, when I reset the power, the Blue start up screen comes on, and then it goes to "almost there", then it flashes and the blue power light goes off and the yellow record light comes on. But nothing on the screen. Is it still dead?

peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by cajazzman 

Ok, so now, when I reset the power, the Blue start up screen comes on, and then it goes to "almost there", then it flashes and the blue power light goes off and the yellow record light comes on. But nothing on the screen. Is it still dead?

yeap, still dead.  or as we call it "is toast"

cajazzman

Ok, first off, let say thanks. But I also realized that this receiver is a R15, and not the R22, as I stated. But, still I called Directv and ordered a new one. The girl I talked to said that she hoped I would receive the R22 since it can be converted to HD, by using a HDMi cable. Which I think I was aware of, but with this old mind, I'm not sure. But I too am hoping I receive a R22 if that's true.

peds48

I would hold my breath expecting an R22.  it is true that the R22 can be "converted" to an HDDVR by having another "official" HD equipment on the account.  not just by adding an HDMI cable.  by DTV often replaces apple with apples whenever possible, so chances are that an R15 in on the way.  keep us posted

cajazzman

I know what you meant, but being mostly Irish, most times when  think of what I would get, I mostly do, but I never hold my breathe, because then I would be in big trouble,lol. At 60, I just ......well you get my meaning. Shainte