5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2011 6:49 PM by djdicetn RSS

Cannot display because your graphics card does not support screen capture!

ra00bc

I am completely frustrated with the directv2pc program! I just bought a high end quad core HP laptop with 1080p,and a high end ATI radeon graphics card 6770m with 2 gigs of gddr memory. I've updated all my drivers and still I get the message "Cannot display because your graphics card does not support screen capture protection for protected content" Whats really sad is I sold my old HP from 2009 with a lower and older graphics card and that one had no problem playing.

I can't believe that Directv has not developed some sort of patch for this system!

• Re: Cannot display because your graphics card does not support screen capture!
    djdicetn

Sounds like the ATI Radeon graphics card is not HDCP compliant. Resolution capability does not always = HDCP compliance:0(

• Re: Cannot display because your graphics card does not support screen capture!
    dcd

Did you get the fault message from the Directv2PC program itself or from the Playback Advisor.  If the latter, install the program and try it.

A side note.  A lot of laptops use the display portion built into the motherboard.  You might try updating those drivers as well.

diaz984

I bought an the hp laptop model just below yours with the ATI radeon HD6620G card and i am having the same problem! I have tried reinstalling and updating the drivers and it didn't help. And DTV2PC did work on my last laptop (a p$@%@ of $#% $400 gateway).

klamb

I have an ATI Radeon 5870.  Prior to that, I was able to run the early versions of DirecTV2PC.  But, since I got this newer card, it no longer works.  Now, I get the "unable to play protected content" nonsense.

Tonight, I decided to try and get DirecTV2PC working on my wife's old Dell laptop.  It works like a charm.  So, I figured I would give it another go on my desktop PC.  Same junk.

Considering how long this has been an issue, I don't think it is ever going to be fixed.

Congrats DirecTV.  Your DirecTV2PC copy protection is so good, your paying customers cannot use it.

djdicetn

klamb,

You should create a new thread for your problem, rather than adding to someone else's thread. Understand it is very difficult to reply to multiple posts from different people with different problems in the same thread and with the varying degree of different equipment and symptoms it gets very confusing. If you create a new post, giving as much detail about your equipment, network configuration and troubleshooting you have tried thus far I am sure we can help you(if all of your system is 100% HDCP compliant). Also, The stringent HDCP enforcement is not DirecTV's decision but was on the part of the content providers(thank the Hollywood studios, the Digital Millennium Copyrigt Act. and the lobbyists and money Hollywood has so much clout with) before they would allow DirecTV to stream their content to a customer's PC. Most of the PC operating systems and hardware/firmware are oblivious to these requirements in many cases(so also blame ATI, Microsoft, etc. for a lot of your problems). Start a fresh post with details and we will go from there.