16 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2012 10:49 PM by litzdog911 RSS

Free movies on demand

ewaynec

I am trying to find the free movies on demand. I went to movies on demand at channel 1000 and went through the list and could not find any movies that I could get that were "free" Every one of them was either pay per view or you have to be subscribed to the premium channel, (that is an extra charge).

I coppied this from direct tv where it tells that VOD is a free feature if you have "CHOICE XTRA" programing, which I do, but I do not have any premium channels. I fulfill all the requirements listed.

*DIRECTV Cinema Plus 7,000 titles available with the CHOICE XTRA™ Package and above. Options lower in other packages.Requires DIRECTV Plus HD DVR receiver (HR20, HR21, HR22 or HR23 model) or DIRECTV DVR model R22 connected to the Internet, HD Access and DVR service, broadband Internet service with a minimum connection speed of 750 Kbps or higher (DSL or cable), a network router with an available Ethernet port, a land-based phone line connection, and an available wall outlet.

What am I doing wrong. I am looking forward to my 7000 free movies on demand.

• Re: Free movies on demand
    litzdog911

Here we go again.  This has been discussed several times in these forums.  Yes, the web site and advertising are misleading.  But the "fine print" makes it clear that those "free" movies are "at NO EXTRA CHARGE" above your current subscription package.  So, if your current package includes HBO, then you can download their movies for "Free", that is, "no extra charge" above your HBO subscription.  And you will find older movies for free with most every subscription package from the basic cable channels.  

Bottom line is you won't find "7000 free movies" unless you already subscribe to HBO, Showtime, etc.  

peds48

funny. the OP left out the portion that states that the DOD content is based on package selection

litzdog911

Actually I think the biggest "lie" on that page is the claim that you only need a 750kbps internet connection.  That's way too slow.  I think the minimum should be 5Mbps. 

dcd
    Quote:    Originally Posted by ewaynec 

You won't get 7,000 free movies (the ads say movies and programs) but there are quite a few, even with your package.  Open your guide to channel 1000 and press select.  Then use the green button to scroll through the many On Demand sites, stopping only at those you subscribe to.  I'd wager that you'll find programming on channels like Audience (1239) , History, Discovery etc that you have never seen before.

ewaynec

Another promise broken.

litzdog911

Another promise broken.

I don't think so. 

ewaynec

And another excuse made!

peds48

And another excuse made!

nope.  no excuses here.  just facts....

ewaynec
    Quote: 

*DIRECTV Cinema Plus 7,000 titles available with the CHOICE XTRA™ Package and above. Options lower in other packages.Requires DIRECTV Plus HD DVR receiver (HR20, HR21, HR22 or HR23 model) or DIRECTV DVR model R22 connected to the Internet, HD Access and DVR service, broadband Internet service with a minimum connection speed of 750 Kbps or higher (DSL or cable), a network router with an available Ethernet port, a land-based phone line connection, and an available wall outlet.

Is this fact or fiction?

dcd

Is this fact or fiction?

Just exactly what do you anticipate gaining by debating the accuracy of the various advertisements?  They obviously wrote the ad to benefit themselves and you read it to benefit yourself.  Pretty well end of story.  You asked how to find some programming and we took of our personal time to advise you.  For me I'm done here.

ewaynec

Thank you for your understanding

peds48
    Quote:

*DIRECTV Cinema Plus 7,000 titles (NOT ONLY MOVIES)

Is this fact or fiction?

is a fact

litzdog911

Yep, I'm done here, too.  Obviously ewaynec has some sort of axe to grind.  

peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by litzdog911 

Yep, I'm done here, too.  Obviously ewaynec has some sort of axe to grind.  

Surprised

blythewood
    So, where are the free movies? I don't need 7000, but 7-10 should get me through several months. Is there a channel that features ppv style movies without commercials and language censorship?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    litzdog911
    Quote:    Originally Posted by blythewood 
    ... Is there a channel that features ppv style movies without commercials and language censorship?

Only if you already subscribe to one of the premium movie channels.  Movies on the basic "free" channels generally are edited/censored.