9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2013 4:02 AM by dcd RSS

Ongoing; "DVR has been disconnected from your home network. The playlist is no longer available" (for both hd receivers)

thematterns

I'm having the same problem as many of the people posting here during the past 3 to 5 days (my two HD22's trying to run recordings off the main DVR). Runs, then stops and states "DVR has been disconnected from your home network. The playlist is no longer available". Then I went into the menu to check Whole House DVR status, it states "No network DVRs found". All was fine up until several days ago. To fix this problem I always have to go back into the menu and reconnect the service. But it doesn't last long. Everytime I try to run the same or another recorded program it does the same thing. So its really worthless resetting it. Again, all was fine up until a few days ago. Based on what I've read throughout this forum, this may be software related. As with others, this does not happen on the DVR itself and my router is fine. And I've followed all the suggested fixes thoughout this forum as well. Hope a solution is forthcoming from Directv (firmware update?).  And to note, both of them will do this at the same time.  Even if your not watching a recording.  Watching live tv only.  The disconnect message randomly pops up on the screen.  Both tv's.  Dvr itself, ok.  Guaranteed to do this every day and every time one tries to run something or while watching live tv.  Any ideas for fix?  Thanks much!

• Re: Ongoing; "DVR has been disconnected from your home network. The playlist is no longer available" (for both hd receivers)
    peds48

First thing to try is resetting the DECA network....it must be done in this order.   Before you begin, assure that DHCP is enabled on your router if your system is connected to the Internet.   This is essential.

1. Disconnect AC power from each DVR and Receiver

2. Disconnect power from the DECA BB Adapter (black or white DECA BB box) or wireless adapter.

3. Disconnect power from the SWM dish Power Inserter (do you know where yours is located)?

4. Disconnect then reconnect AC power on your home network gateway/router and modem.

5. Wait a few minutes for the router to reset

6. Re-power the SWM Power Inserter.

7. Re-power the DECA Broadband Adapter or wireless adapter.

8. Re-power each DVR and Receiver

Following that, press and hold the info button on one DVR, then select more system info.   Scroll down and check that Internet is listed as connected.  

• Re: Ongoing; "DVR has been disconnected from your home network. The playlist is no longer available" (for both hd receivers)
    thematterns

Thanks!  I've seen these steps before.  I'll try them.  And I'll make sure dhcp is enabled.  Hope it fixes the problem.  Thanks again!  Appriciate it.

thematterns

I tried these steps and it worked for about 10 minutes, then the problem came back (picture froze and message popped up stating that the receiver has been disconnected from the dvr).  I'll be calling customer service soon to schedule an appointment with a tech.  Thanks just the same.  Also, not sure if this could cause a problem.  The installer placed a BB DECA inline with the HR24 HD DVR rather than use its built in DECA unit.  The equipment in place in the home, 1 hd24 hd dvr (with the BB DECA) and 2 r22 hd receivers. Thanks again!

litzdog911
    Quote:    Originally Posted by thematterns 

I tried these steps and it worked for about 10 minutes, then the problem came back (picture froze and message popped up stating that the receiver has been disconnected from the dvr).  I'll be calling customer service soon to schedule an appointment with a tech.  Thanks just the same.  Also, not sure if this could cause a problem.  The installer placed a BB DECA inline with the HR24 HD DVR rather than use its built in DECA unit.  The equipment in place in the home, 1 hd24 hd dvr (with the BB DECA) and 2 r22 hd receivers. Thanks again!

Actually it sounds like your HR24 is properly connected with nothing attached to its ethernet port as you described in your other thread here ....

http://forums.directv.com/message/11012414#11012414

thematterns

Whole Home DVR is working now on both receivers.  And I didn't do anything to fix it.  Very strange.  But good news.  Thanks much to all!

bayle32

Another issue that can be causing the playlist to show as disconnected is if it is networked to your internet provider through your personal router. Once a directv system with whole home DVR is connected to a router with a Broadband DECA it no longer uses the link local addressing system that comes default on all SWiM compatible receivers. Instead it allows your router's DHCP server to assign network IP addresses to your Directv receivers. This can be an issue in the instance that some routers come with only a certain amount of leases available to be assigned to connected devices. Any device (Computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, smart tv, directv receivers, etc) accessing your internet through your router or WiFi network will be assigned an IP address, when only a certain number of IP addresses are available the DHCP server may reassign IP addresses to other devices attempting to access the network. to resolve this you would have to contact the tech support of your specific router and have them walk you through how to increase the amount of leases allowed to be issued by your router. Or if you are particularly tech savvy you can find a lot of walkthroughs available online.

peds48
    Quote:    Originally Posted by bayle32 

Another issue that can be causing the playlist to show as disconnected is if it is networked to your internet provider through your personal router. Once a directv system with whole home DVR is connected to a router with a Broadband DECA it no longer uses the link local addressing system that comes default on all SWiM compatible receivers. Instead it allows your router's DHCP server to assign network IP addresses to your Directv receivers. This can be an issue in the instance that some routers come with only a certain amount of leases available to be assigned to connected devices. Any device (Computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, smart tv, directv receivers, etc) accessing your internet through your router or WiFi network will be assigned an IP address, when only a certain number of IP addresses are available the DHCP server may reassign IP addresses to other devices attempting to access the network. to resolve this you would have to contact the tech support of your specific router and have them walk you through how to increase the amount of leases allowed to be issued by your router. Or if you are particularly tech savvy you can find a lot of walkthroughs available online.

Very good advice! Lets hope that the OP has found the answer since this thread is over a year old.

jenngts2000

I keep having the same problem. My issue always seems to coincide with "bad" weather in my area or to the south (so it's not something you can plan on having a technician at your house to show them the problem). I have taken video of the issue, called customer service. Reset EVERYTHING. Still not rectified!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
    dcd
    Quote:    Originally Posted by jenngts2000 
    I keep having the same problem. My issue always seems to coincide with "bad" weather in my area or to the south (so it's not something you can plan on having a technician at your house to show them the problem). I have taken video of the issue, called customer service. Reset EVERYTHING. Still not rectified! 

If you want help, you'd do well to start a fresh thread and describe in technical detail what equipment you have, how it's connected to your router etc.  Piggy backing onto an old thread confuses the issue and your post offers no data at all.