10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2012 12:47 PM by krazyrs RSS

NetFlix on DirecTV

adrianob83

So the other day a customer threw me a curve ball. He told me while he was ordering, the sales girl on the other end of the phone line told him he could access NetFlix from his HR-24. He didnt mention this to me till the installation was done, connected via BB Deca, and I was getting signatures. I couldnt figure it out. So my question is, canNetFlix be accessed via an HR-24?

• Re: NetFlix on DirecTV
    jpmilleman
    Absolutely not                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
    litzdog911

She probably didn't know the difference between YouTube and NetFlix.  Pretty sad. 

loudaudio
    They need to have pose scoring for sales dept. after install is complete ...that would be an idea

techtx90

That would be a great idea but will never happen.  It would create a paper trail to where the deficiencies lie and they would find out that it is not with the installers but with call center reps.  Can't have that. 

pressureman0
    Quote:    Originally Posted by skid422 

That would be a great idea but will never happen.  It would create a paper trail to where the deficiencies lie and they would find out that it is not with the installers but with call center reps.  Can't have that. 

lmao

loudaudio
    Quote:    Originally Posted by skid422 

I agree...we are just to stand there and have that weird look on our face when customers tells us what sales promised ...lol

chight42

We get to be the bad guy because the answer sales always give the customer is "Ask the installer, he can do it for you." 

ndtech
    lol we do have "netfilex" its called directv cinema.                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    brubear

Netflix is an direct option though a number of new HD TVs. While the misinformation is regrettable, you could always try to smooth it over by saying "we have a similar product, 'DirecTV Cinema' and most newer high quality HD TVs allow you to access Netflix directly through an internet connection" .

This gives some resolution to whatever misinformation the customer received during ordering and if the TV actually doesn't support it, the customer has a value statement that "these do" and if yours doesn't, it is outside of DirecTV control. Unfortunate that you have to run damage control, ever, but it happens. Additionally, you are only hearing one side of the conversation, real or imagined. From my experience customers hear what you say through a filter of experience and expectation, which may or may not have any relation to the actual content of the conversation.

krazyrs

idk, at team meeting this morning our area manager mentioned netflix/dtv merge was being discussed

but i wouldnt hold my breath, would be nice

but i do have my ps3 for gaming/blu-ray/netflix anyhow